• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Talking "Oakley's" with a stranger.......

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
Oh no! Stranger Danger!

Sorry it's Friday and I get a bit "freaky" at the end of the week.

Today, for the first time ever, I got into a great "in person" conversation with a stranger about Oakley's.

I was dropping my car off for service and one of the services tech's said to me as I was walking by, "nice Juilet's". To which I replied, "thanks, unfortunately, they are fakes".

Yes, I have a pair of fakes, I knew that when I purchased them so let the flaming begin.........

.....back to the topic, turns out this guy, is a fellow enthusiast a but never knew about this forum. So I told him about all the great resources this forum has to offer. He seemed genuinely amazed and interested.

I'm curious to see if it joins.

Now I'm wondering if I just be came a "dealer" getting my first "junkie" hooked on the "O"?

You should destroy those fakes, it undermines the purpose of this forum to not take advantage of the great deals available.

Oh no! Stranger Danger!

Sorry it's Friday and I get a bit "freaky" at the end of the week.

Today, for the first time ever, I got into a great "in person" conversation with a stranger about Oakley's.

I was dropping my car off for service and one of the services tech's said to me as I was walking by, "nice Juilet's". To which I replied, "thanks, unfortunately, they are fakes".

Yes, I have a pair of fakes, I knew that when I purchased them so let the flaming begin.........

.....back to the topic, turns out this guy, is a fellow enthusiast a but never knew about this forum. So I told him about all the great resources this forum has to offer. He seemed genuinely amazed and interested.

I'm curious to see if it joins.

Now I'm wondering if I just be came a "dealer" getting my first "junkie" hooked on the "O"?
Curious to see if "it" joins?
This gender neutral thing has to stop.

Curious to see if "it" joins?
This gender neutral thing has to stop.

I agree Slojack. We got enough goddamn "it" in the world. Was it a he or a she? Pick one and stick to it!

:)

In all seriousness, great way to introduce a new enthusiast....but please get a pair of real Juliets and trash those fakes bro.

You should destroy those fakes, it undermines the purpose of this forum to not take advantage of the great deals available.
I have every intention of getting a "real" pair and most likely will be from someone here. One of the reason's for purchasing the fakes was to study them so it would help me identify fakes. Laying down good $$$ on a pair of fakes would make me sick as I'm sure it would for you.

I agree Slojack. We got enough goddamn "it" in the world. Was it a he or a she? Pick one and stick to it!

:)

In all seriousness, great way to introduce a new enthusiast....but please get a pair of real Juliets and trash those fakes bro.
Oops my bad. "It" was a "he"....at least visually :)

That was definately a typo....or maybe my subconscious taking over with the gender neutral BS going on.

I fully intend to get a real pair. All of my other pairs are authentic. I just can't help somedays putting them on. It's not very often

Oops my bad. "It" was a "he"....at least visually :)

That was definately a typo....or maybe my subconscious taking over with the gender neutral BS going on.

I fully intend to get a real pair. All of my other pairs are authentic. I just can't help somedays putting them on. It's not very often

Understood.

Here's the thing though, once you get a pair of Juliets in your hands, and then put them on..you will literally spit on the other pair and leave them on a table somewhere and sneak away in shame!!

Happened to me in December. 8 pairs ago. :)

The realization of how good they are. Not the fakes thing.

Understood.

Here's the thing though, once you get a pair of Juliets in your hands, and then put them on..you will literally spit on the other pair and leave them on a table somewhere and sneak away in shame!!

Happened to me in December. 8 pairs ago. :)

The realization of how good they are. Not the fakes thing.
Love your passion Doug. I could see that scenario going down like that. Depending on my mood, I might get creative and defile them and have some fun.

I know what you mean about realizing how good they are. I was able to compare a fake vs real pair of split jackets and you couldn't be more correct. Not to sound like a snob, but the fakes were infinately inferior to the real deal.

So wait........did you once own a pair of fakes?

Love your passion Doug. I could see that scenario going down like that. Depending on my mood, I might get creative and defile them and have some fun.

I know what you mean about realizing how good they are. I was able to compare a fake vs real pair of split jackets and you couldn't be more correct. Not to sound like a snob, but the fakes were infinately inferior to the real deal.

So wait........did you once own a pair of fakes?

Not XMetals. I added a final sentence up there to my post. I had a "gas station" pair of Radar knockoffs back in the early 90's when I had my first pair of Oakleys, M-Frame with hammers. I literally found them in a trade-in at work and thought I would keep them and use them for softball practice, to save the actual ones for game days. What a giant pile of dogsh!t they were side-by-side to the real ones. As you noticed, infinitely inferior! You are not coming off at all like a snob saying that, you are comparing fakes with the real item and there is no snobbery in denouncing the fakes for what they are.

Further research has shown me the true reason why Oakley Sunglasses cost so much money and why their lenses and frames are so much better, in engineering and purpose as well as materials. It isn't all marketing hype.

We're putting these things in front of our eyes, for chrissakes. There's no other way for me to be but passionate!! ;)

Latest Posts

Back