• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tapatalk Enabling?

Mikkelf

Oakley Beginner
Some of the different forums that I read has enabled their forum to work with the Tapatalk App for IPhone/Android etc. That would make it a lot easier to follow the forum on my IPhone.

As far as I know it is a fairly easy operation that should not take more than 10 minutes.

another member had the same idea. i think it was Johnny Hundreds, but i don't know, what the other mods thinking a bout this . . .
i would say cool!

Just to officially respond to this. We do have eventual plans to release our own Standalone Oakley Forum app sometime next year which will be free. I have been looking at other websites such as Tapatalk and ForumRunner in the mean time, the problem I have is that they charge you $1.99 or $2.99 for their app which I think is wrong. I don't want to make our members pay for something that will be free and better in a few months. Thats where my current dilemma is...any thoughts? I have been talking with Johnny Hundred because he designed a ForumRunner app which is similar to Tapatalk but theres only costs $1.99 compared to Tapatalks $2.99. Thoughts are appreciated as always guys!

I can't speak for anyone than my self but I don't mind paying for apps that works. I think the Tapatalk App works excellent (though a few bugs here and there could be fixed). I really value that you consider a separate and free Oakey Forum App (and I would pay 2.99 for it) but as I have already paid for the Tapatalk app (and are able to use it on all my iOs devices with no futher cost) I wouldn't mind if that was the platform used.

After all we all pay obscene amounts of money on plastic shades every month - so 2.99 for an App is not scaring me :eek:)

Maybe we should poll the regular members... I dont mind paying for an app that works. Also, with this forum is their is a way to enable email alerts when we get PM notifications, or post in a thread we start? We get notifications when our PM box is full.......

I am all for this forum!!! Its been well done so far....

For what it's worth I would also pay for an app that works. I am not sure if you are looking for any sort of commitment before moving forward with an app.

Maybe we should poll the regular members... I dont mind paying for an app that works. Also, with this forum is their is a way to enable email alerts when we get PM notifications, or post in a thread we start? We get notifications when our PM box is full.......

Yeh If you click on "Settings" in the top right corner while logged in, then click on "General Settings" on the left side. From there you can choose whether to receive an email when you get a PM, also if you look under "Default Thread Subscription mode" in the same area, you can set it so you receive emails for threads you have started or replied in.

Yeh, I am just trying to gauge where everyone is. I am in a dilemma, because on one side, I do have plans of releasing a stand alone app for OakleyForum. In order to get the app for iOS and Android it will cost a few hundred dollars plus a yearly fee to keep it in the Apple Store. The site generates money off ad revenue, but it mostly goes to covering hosting and what is left is usually saved over time for improvements, such as new features etc. I was just waiting until their is enough money to cover the costs before I got the app. Which would probably be sometime next year.

But Now, Everyone wants the app, and many members have been asking for companies like Tapatalk or Forum runner, which charge $2-$3. And I kinda think to myself If I charged $2 for an OakleyForum app, it could probably cover some of the costs. But I personally feel the app should be free. I hate having to make people pay for it. And in the future I might be able to make it free, but then what about all the people who paid for it.

Any thoughts are welcomed? It seems most people are leaning towards a paid app that works well, I like the idea of a Public Poll to see what people are thinking and might post one in the coming days, but for now I still like hearing peoples ideas.

@OakleyBoss....

I am sure the regular members wouldn't find a few bucks such a problem, and some of the lurkers can still lurk, an app to them is not important.....I can still pull the forum up on my phone with no issues, loads fast, and hasn't given me a problem. An APP is just a plus!!!!!!! and I add to "Mikkelf" quote above, we spend some obscene amounts of money on Oakley........

I like this forum so much and it gives me such valuable information, advice and a great network among fellow Oakley-geeks that I would gladly pay a smal fee for an App. I am sure it takes some of your sparetime to keep this running so it would be in everyone's interest to donate a small amount and to chip in to keep it running and get new features etc.

But I do know what you talk about when you say you wanna keep it free. Because some people who pays for something - even very small amounts - expects crazy amounts of customerservice and sometimes those demands would just make it easier to keep things free.

Latest Posts

Back