• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tattoos!!!! Post Em If Ya Got Em!!!!

Nice work jive!!! You too xmetal!! jive, you're right, the horishi did a damn good job blending the chest plate and sleeve...that's SICK man, I love it! I have a couple small ones of my name in kanji on my leg and arm, same exact ink, just different sizes, done a few years apart. My intentions were to cover the smaller ink on my leg with a larger piece, but it never happened. I've been wanting to get a half sleeve done for years now, and it's torture when we go back to Japan every year. But unfortunately, my father-in-law has already asked me not to get anymore ink. Old ways don't die in Japanese culture....and tattoos are still perceived in a bad light, relating to crime and the underworld. So sadly, I must continue to resist...for now.

Thanks man! What part of Japan do you usually go visit? I lived on Okinawa for 3 1/2 years. I think it was funny how most of the japanese locals were into western tattoos (tribal and pinup girls type stuff), while the gaijin (foreigners) were into japanese tattoos lol. You're right though about tattoos, I couldn't get into some bathouses and such due to my ink.

Had this don't last year want the inside of my arm done next but will wait a little longer for that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man! What part of Japan do you usually go visit? I lived on Okinawa for 3 1/2 years. I think it was funny how most of the japanese locals were into western tattoos (tribal and pinup girls type stuff), while the gaijin (foreigners) were into japanese tattoos lol. You're right though about tattoos, I couldn't get into some bathouses and such due to my ink.

Our family lives in Fukuoka (Kyushu), I love it there. Now that you mention it, I've seen a few locals inked with western tatts, good observation. I've also seen a few with the traditional style Japanese ink, I would venture to guess that they were Yakuza just by looks and the way they carried themselves. It's still considered taboo to an extent, so seeing people publicly display their ink is still far and few between. I've been to a few onsen and haven't had any trouble, yet. My father-in-law actually had me cover up my ink when we went to the gym one time, just used some titanium tape, kinda funny cause it looked pretty obvious to me :eek:. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get inked in Japan.

Our family lives in Fukuoka (Kyushu), I love it there. Now that you mention it, I've seen a few locals inked with western tatts, good observation. I've also seen a few with the traditional style Japanese ink, I would venture to guess that they were Yakuza just by looks and the way they carried themselves. It's still considered taboo to an extent, so seeing people publicly display their ink is still far and few between. I've been to a few onsen and haven't had any trouble, yet. My father-in-law actually had me cover up my ink when we went to the gym one time, just used some titanium tape, kinda funny cause it looked pretty obvious to me :eek:. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get inked in Japan.

Nice man...ahh I miss cocoichibanya and all the local eateries there! My friends wife is actually from Fukuoka. I'd love to go back sometime!

Had it done when I was in the army, needs to be touched up.

6391545549_2b508dcd75_z.jpg

Back