• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TdF 2013

I think 99% of everyone had Froome winning it. I personally have Can winning green, and I had Valverde in polka dot. White I thought Quintana would take, so I at least got one non obvious guess right lol.

This was one heck of a TdF, one of my favorites for sure.

I really liked having the big climbing stages at the very end, instead of ending with an individual TT the day before Paris. I wouldn't have been an interesting finish had the TT been last with Froome already having 5+ minutes. Although it was almost a sure thing as long as he didn't crack on the last climb, which in the back of my mind there was always that chance especially since he struggled a bit the day before when Porte had to bring him food (illegally).

I really liked having the big climbing stages at the very end, instead of ending with an individual TT the day before Paris. I wouldn't have been an interesting finish had the TT been last with Froome already having 5+ minutes. Although it was almost a sure thing as long as he didn't crack on the last climb, which in the back of my mind there was always that chance especially since he struggled a bit the day before when Porte had to bring him food (illegally).

the entire time recived a time penatly for the move.

I would like to see the yellow really move around right up till the end but besides that it was a fun 3 weeks of racing bummer about cav ending his streak at 4

I picked Froome and Sagan correctly, but I was way off thinking Contador and Andy Schleck would be up there in the mix. Its why I don't bet on the race either.
Contador really did ride himself off the podium in the final days, otherwise he was still a podium contendor.

the entire time recived a time penatly for the move.

I would like to see the yellow really move around right up till the end but besides that it was a fun 3 weeks of racing bummer about cav ending his streak at 4

Yea what the hell was up with Sky and all their moves of illegal feeds, etc.? I don't recall a single team ever being caught or blatantly blowout on rules like that in the past. It was a good year and so far it seems that all the late samples are clean so if we make it another week with nothing it will be great news for the Tour.

Agreed, if this stands and no doping is found with the contenders and winners, then I will be extremely happy!

I'll be honest, I didn't know it was illegal to take food from other teammates towards the end of a stage. Seems like a silly rule to me, but what do I know?

Andy and Frank Schleck are confirmed for next years Trek team. I know many people were hoping/expecting him to compete this year, but it was obvious in the year leading up to the tour he was still recovering from his injuries. I think with another year of training along with his brother and a new team, he will be ready to compete again. I wonder if the Trek team will sign Voigt and Kloden? Both are getting up there in age. If it were me, I would resign both to a one year contract maybe.

Agreed, if this stands and no doping is found with the contenders and winners, then I will be extremely happy!

I'll be honest, I didn't know it was illegal to take food from other teammates towards the end of a stage. Seems like a silly rule to me, but what do I know?

Andy and Frank Schleck are confirmed for next years Trek team. I know many people were hoping/expecting him to compete this year, but it was obvious in the year leading up to the tour he was still recovering from his injuries. I think with another year of training along with his brother and a new team, he will be ready to compete again. I wonder if the Trek team will sign Voigt and Kloden? Both are getting up there in age. If it were me, I would resign both to a one year contract maybe.

it was not taking from porte the problem it was porte dropping back to get the food from the team car

i thought i heard that Trek was NOT signing frank again and andy was was very upset about it.

as long as voight can keep showing the kids how it is done and he keeps wanting to do it i don't see a reason not to resign him yes they may do 1 year deals but that would be for the benefit of both sides

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

What you heard is the RLT is not allowing Frank to ride the rest of THIS year. But, Trek has said he will be signed, with Andy, for next year.

I agree with the 2-way benefits for both Trek and Voigt. He was on a 1-year contract this year, and i'm sure Andy and Frank want him back too.

Yea what the hell was up with Sky and all their moves of illegal feeds, etc.

The 'official' story from sky on the feeding was that the car assigned to follow Froome & Porte broke down with an electrical problem and they couldn't feed them in the designated area as a result. Apparently the ice chest in the boot of the car had leaked and water got into the electrics. Whether you believe that is a different matter!!

It's a safety issue mainly - primarily in place for the flat stages where the peloton is really motoring in the closing stages. The last thing they want is team cars getting in the way when the riders are up to 60km/hr! Not so relevant in the mountain stages but as I understand it it's a blanket rule which is only altered on really hot days.

The 'official' story from sky on the feeding was that the car assigned to follow Froome & Porte broke down with an electrical problem and they couldn't feed them in the designated area as a result. Apparently the ice chest in the boot of the car had leaked and water got into the electrics. Whether you believe that is a different matter!!

It's a safety issue mainly - primarily in place for the flat stages where the peloton is really motoring in the closing stages. The last thing they want is team cars getting in the way when the riders are up to 60km/hr! Not so relevant in the mountain stages but as I understand it it's a blanket rule which is only altered on really hot days.
Ah, much clearer now!

Water leaked from the cooler and fried the electronics? Where was the cooler, in the engine bay? Interesting...

Back