• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TdF 2013

Yea it was a nice little warm up ride, tryin to get ready for the Rev iron distance tri in September

Well I guess team Sky is human after all. . Moviestar did great in the mountains but Froome was impressive hanving to cover everything by himself. Contador and Schleck had good rides as well. I doubt they will be much of a threat unless Froom has a bad day, which is possible. In my opinion this has been one of the best tours so far.

The fact that froome could hold his own with no team support probably made the other contenders a little nervous

Yea it was a nice little warm up ride, tryin to get ready for the Rev iron distance tri in September

Well I guess team Sky is human after all. . Moviestar did great in the mountains but Froome was impressive hanving to cover everything by himself. Contador and Schleck had good rides as well. I doubt they will be much of a threat unless Froom has a bad day, which is possible. In my opinion this has been one of the best tours so far.
I wouldn't agree with one of the best. It definitely has been exciting and is very good, but not one of the best. Froome was the favorite and has shown why, and Sagan being in Green isn't a real surprise either. A great TdF is when things happen that I didn't expect happen, and so far everything is on point.

What did I tell y'all about Movistar? Valverde is in 2nd and is the only real viable threat to Froome at the moment, and Quintana is in white while the team leads team competition. Watch out for these guys, Froome looks very good, but if Porte and co. can't give him support, Movistar might make a move in the Alps.

Schlek looked okay, but thats just it, he was just okay. I know he's still "recovering" and all but he isn't the climber of two year ago we once knew. He might get back to there, he might now, we'll have to wait and see.

Here is a nice little write-up on how they are skirting the tests this year in an effort to gain an edge. Of course they are probably about two years behind on what riders are actually doing as usual.
http://www.outsideonline.com/fitnes...=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tweet
No doubt my friend. I really do hope they are being clean though, we need the sport back. If UCI can crack down hard enough and get everybody back down to the basics of just riding your bike with NO drugs, then we will have our sport back. But when was the last time, if ever, we've had a fully clean sport?

No doubt my friend. I really do hope they are being clean though, we need the sport back. If UCI can crack down hard enough and get everybody back down to the basics of just riding your bike with NO drugs, then we will have our sport back. But when was the last time, if ever, we've had a fully clean sport?
While I try hard to be an optimist so that I stay focused in life, there will never be a "clean" TDF. The most we can hope is the field is as balanced and the use in minimized so there are more people on the same level instead of the blow outs of the past. We definitely need the public image and the scandals to go by the way side for sure, at least to gain notoriety in the US like it once did. I think the last time the sport may have been considered "clean" was probably the early 50's at best.

While I try hard to be an optimist so that I stay focused in life, there will never be a "clean" TDF. The most we can hope is the field is as balanced and the use in minimized so there are more people on the same level instead of the blow outs of the past. We definitely need the public image and the scandals to go by the way side for sure, at least to gain notoriety in the US like it once did. I think the last time the sport may have been considered "clean" was probably the early 50's at best.
I couldn't have said it better myself...

Well does anyone thing Cav intentionally put his shoulder into that guy during the sprint? It looked to me like he leaned in a gave him a bump which caused the crash. All the announcers seemed to give him a pass and say it was just racing.

I definitely think he put his shoulder into him. I watched the slow mo a few times, and it looks like the Argos Shimano that was leading out for Kittel didn't clear out of the way like he was supposed to, and Cav "forced" him out of the way. Cav shouldn't have done that, but that Argos guys knows how to lead out, and when you're done pulling, you get out of the way, and he didn't.

He was coming off his line and no longer pulling and Cav was definitely bracing for the worst to make sure if someone was going down he was not it. He was quick to apologize on twitter after the accident to save face. I could see it 50/50 but Cav was definitely the aggressor of the two. Given the wrecks that have been happening I don't blame him on his actions.

Back