• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TdF 2013

He was coming off his line and no longer pulling and Cav was definitely bracing for the worst to make sure if someone was going down he was not it. He was quick to apologize on twitter after the accident to save face. I could see it 50/50 but Cav was definitely the aggressor of the two. Given the wrecks that have been happening I don't blame him on his actions.
I agree

Wow, without spoiling today's stage someone threw urine on Cav as part of the heckling he has received prior to the stage over the incident.:eek:
Talk about a slap in the face insult. I'd be done after that.

Wow, without spoiling today's stage someone threw urine on Cav as part of the heckling he has received prior to the stage over the incident.:eek:

Even if he did wreck the guy, that is not needed. Crazy fans like that will ruine it for everyone else. Its a great sport where you can get close to the athletes while they are actually competing, and for free to top it off.

On another note, Tony Martin road a heck of a TT especially considering his injuries. Froome did what he needed to do as well, 3:25 over Valverde now. Someone is going to have to take a major gamble on one of the big mountain stages (similar to what Floyd Landis did) to try and unseat Froome in my opinion. The day where they have to climb Alpe d' Huez twice with the finish on top of it the 2nd time would be an epic place to attempt it

On another note, Tony Martin road a heck of a TT especially considering his injuries. Froome did what he needed to do as well, 3:25 over Valverde now. Someone is going to have to take a major gamble on one of the big mountain stages (similar to what Floyd Landis did) to try and unseat Froome in my opinion. The day where they have to climb Alpe d' Huez twice with the finish on top of it the 2nd time would be an epic place to attempt it
Agreed, the double Huez day is a big one, but in my opinion Mt. Ventoux will either crown Froome or put someone like Valverde right up there with him. If Froome gains more time on Ventoux, the tour is pretty much over.

The TT was very revealing but I believe some riders are going to come out of left field in the next week. Should be interesting as to how the teams stack up as far as support goes.
Who do you think will come out? The only real climbers that can give Froome a run are Valverde, Quintana, Contador, maybe Schlek, and Rodriguez. Other than that, I don't see too many others going for it.

On a side note, i'm disappointed in the Americans this year. After last year with TJ in 4th taking the white jersey, and Danielson putting on a good showing, I expected something more this year. Something seems to be wrong with TJ, Talansky has put on a good performance with his first tour, so thats good. But no Horner, I don't even know if Danielson is racing, King didn't make than time gap in the TTT, and Bookwalter hasn't shown anything either.

Well you don't see that happen every dat. Can't believe Kittle beat Cav in the sprint. I was impressed with Cav's responce when he said he and his team did everythign perfect and that they were just beaten by a better rider...no excuses.

It hasn't been the best for showing for the US in the tour, Bookwalter was involved in the crash on day 1 and has been doing a lot of the work for Cadel and TJ. Ted King rode his heart out on that TTT, its a shame they cut him for 7 seconds especially with his power meter showing him inside the time. If anything that would show a longer time due to him having to manually stop it after the stage. Maybe with TJ being down, they will allow him into one of the breaks and give him a chance at a stage win, same with Brent.

Back