• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Technical Frame/lens Question

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
Does Oakley make any frames that use an 8-base curvature lens?

my son needs a pair of RX sports glasses, but his prescription is too strong (due to Astigmatism) for the Sport glasses they carry ( 6-base curve)

I will Call Oakley tomorrow to see if they can help narrow down frames and that might be the best way to go.. I just want him to have a decent pair for Basketball and Soccer

Does Oakley make any frames that use an 8-base curvature lens?

my son needs a pair of RX sports glasses, but his prescription is too strong (due to Astigmatism) for the Sport glasses they carry ( 6-base curve)

I will Call Oakley tomorrow to see if they can help narrow down frames and that might be the best way to go.. I just want him to have a decent pair for Basketball and Soccer

The Pit Bulls have the same Unobtainium earsocks and nosebombs as the other Sport frames and still have an 8-base lense curve!

yeah I am seeing more of them being the 8 base curve, but I am getting bad info from somewhere.. I was told he needs the 8 base curve, but then there is a limit on the correct oakley can do..

my son is far sighted.. +4.50, +2.50, 90, other eye is +4.50,+2.00, 90 so i am thinking he is out of luck.. but I need to find him something other then the wire frames he wears..

The info. you have on curvature is reversed. He will actually need a 6 base or less and almost all Oakley suns are 8 base. If an optical were to do your sons prescription in a frame like Oakley (with a high wrap), he would have a lot of distortion and thickness. If you're set on having Oakleys, you could look at the opthalmic collection. Otherwise, I would suggest Rec-Specs for a sport pair.

Could you suggest some Rec Spec models? The Maxx will not work and it has be difficult tofind something as well as someone willing to take the time to help us find him a frame that will even take his prescription

Back