• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Teeth Grinders?

yoshi1984

I love working Dispatch
California
:sad:anyone else grind their teeth in their sleep or during the day? I have been living with this since I was a kid and is really becoming a pain in the arse....waking up everyday with headaches and a jaw that feels like someone punched you in the jaw. :( not cool.
ughh...the night guard my dentist made for me isn't all that helpful..

Yeah I had that problem too. I just got a mouth guard from my dentist that fits on the front teeth only and it has helped tremendously. I don't wake up with headaches and a sore neck every morning anymore. It was $300, but it was well worth it.

Yeah I had that problem too. I just got a mouth guard from my dentist that fits on the front teeth only and it has helped tremendously. I don't wake up with headaches and a sore neck every morning anymore. It was $300, but it was well worth it.
How long have you been doing it?my teeth especialy my back molars are terribly worn down,,,when i do wear my night guard i don't really get bad headaches but i still have very sore neck muscles and soreness in the back of my head. My night guard was $128 i had to pay outta pocket no dental insurance.

The night guard you have, they also gave me but my bottom teeth wore down a deep grove till it broke and wasn't working...I have gone through probably 3 or 4 night guards in about a 4 month period...the last one they had was yours but also had one for my bottom teeth with metal wires so the plastic doesn't get worn down from my grinding.

Wow, sounds like you've been through some heavy duty guards already. Mine just space my front teeth so the molars can't reach each other while I'm sleeping. I've only had it for about a month and it has worked great. I've been having headaches and a sore neck in the morning for a few years already, but always thought it was my bed and pillow. I started having earaches and the ENT doctor told me about the grinding and clenching of my jaws at night. I did t have any wear in my teeth though so the dentist never knew till I told him what the ENT told me.

Your guard was way cheaper than mine. My insurance didn't cover it so I paid full price. The brand of mine is NTI if you want to look into it.

Back