• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tell me more about Romeo 2's

Notorious?

What qualifies a 'good' driver then in your mind? Should I take the pair with me to the store and see if I can't find a T6 bit that fits snug? Are we talking needing the driver to be a softer metal as to not deform the pocket?

I'd be curious to know the thread pitch and length and replace the torx drive bit with a simple hex pocket.

Romeo 2.0 uses a T5 driver. It does not use the T6 like other x-metals.

Good to know. I think I have an S-Torx in 5mm, I can check the fit of that before I go ordering things. For anyone else following this thread, that link is the Wiha T6 that Dr Chop reports Oakley uses, for $7 shipped.

I just wanted to make sure so you did not order a T6 and then still not be able to do your lens change! I have not used the ones chop uses but if he says they are good I am sure they are.

I've had the R2's since 2005. Love them. They fit well, but not loose, or anything. I would not use them for any activity where you might expose them to a fall, or removel from your head. Like skydiving, or rockclimbing. Just because of the value, and the glasses themselves. Since Oakley doesn't make them anymore, parts are impossible to come-by. I'm still looking for someone to sell me some T5 fasteners. I recently purchased some after-market lenses, 6 pairs thru e-bay. They look good! The R2's are awesome and not a lot of people have them.

Still waiting for someone to post up XLJ or even standard Half Jacket lenses in their R2.

I like them so far. I've only ever worn XX and Mars for more than a minute, and I can tell these are a lot more comfortable.

Dark and dreary out, so all I have is a quick indoor shot;

7E3B4E26-5B55-42AC-8355-49AFC09B9254-2993-000002E222E18381.jpg

Okay so i said i would get the info on the romeo2 but i cant find the thread i was writing that in. I can confirm the romeo2 was milled- 5axis CNC machined to be exact. Just like the Csix. They went back to conventional casting methods for the later frames (halfX, Xsquared).

Cheers all

Back