• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tell-tale Sign A Shadow Head BOB Near You Is A Replica! So BEWARE!

For $125, I'd deffinitely be up for a few. Seems to me, a mannequin that more than resembles the ones used in stores, which may require some light re-touching .......would do the job I'd be asking of it. Not bothered about owning a 'real' one for the extra $325. If it has differences which are obvious to an officianado, then I think it would please both parties.

Think everyone has gone a bit crazy here if it is sold as replica and a better price I really don't see the harm it is only a display item shoot me if o am wrong

It depends on how you view collectibles. Most hardcore Oakley collectors collect everything, not just sunglasses. So these display items are seen as collectibles rather than just a toss away prop to display product on. Making a fake Bob head and selling them is seen as no different as making fake sunglasses and selling them. Some would say NOT buying fakes is a sign of a true collector, while others would say "it is just a display item...who cares?" Well there are those in the general public who have the same sentiment about Oakley glasses...."they are all plastic sunglasses anyway...who cares if I have a fake?" Same difference. I will leave it at that. I can see this topic being too provocative and would divide the forum.

...."they are all plastic sunglasses anyway...who cares if I have a fake?" Same difference.

Not quite - sunglasses have a functional purpose, so even a non-collector single-pair everyday user will benefit from the better technology, optical and otherwise, in a real pair over a fake pair. Whether they acknowledge it or not.

While with a display item such as the bob, they both serve equally as displays; there's no advanced tech going in them. Your point is correct that it matters to the right kind of hard-core collector at a personal level, "same difference" compared to somebody who doesn't care about fake sunglasses at a personal level, but not from a functional perspective.

But otherwise nobody likes to get what they think is an authentic item and learn it's actually fake. The important part is to know what you have, and represent it as such.

Bought it today. I dont know if its fake or not. Any insights? Tnx.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not quite - sunglasses have a functional purpose, so even a non-collector single-pair everyday user will benefit from the better technology, optical and otherwise, in a real pair over a fake pair. Whether they acknowledge it or not.

While with a display item such as the bob, they both serve equally as displays; there's no advanced tech going in them. Your point is correct that it matters to the right kind of hard-core collector at a personal level, "same difference" compared to somebody who doesn't care about fake sunglasses at a personal level, but not from a functional perspective.

But otherwise nobody likes to get what they think is an authentic item and learn it's actually fake. The important part is to know what you have, and represent it as such.

+1

Latest Posts

Back