• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Telmex Eyepatch

B6S4

Oakley Expert
Orlando, Fl
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if someone could help me find some info on the Telmex Racing eyepatches. I managed to track down a pair and wanted to find out more info on them. I have heard they are fairly rare and am trying to figure out the history behind them. Several searches of the forum have pulled up limited results. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

i remember reading about these here a while back. I think is something about mexican telecommunication or something like that. hopefully someone else could chime in on this.

They're a limited edition made for the Telmex racing team. Telmex is the biggest telecom company in Latin America, owned by the wealthiest man in the world.
Oakley released an eyepatch and a Gascan as far as I know, both polished black with ice lenses and blue icons. The eyepatch is not as hard to find as the gascan... If you find a gascan, please let me know hehehehehehe

its Chip Ganassi's Grand Am Rolex Sports Car Series Daytona Prototype team sponsored by Telmex. Current drivers are Memo Rojas( he is mexican and that is why he is on a team sponsored by a mexican company) and Scott Pruett.

Thanks for the info, I know alot about telmex and the race team, I was more looking for info on when and where these glasses were sold. I was told that they were never available in North America and wanted to confirm this fact.

They're a limited edition made for the Telmex racing team. Telmex is the biggest telecom company in Latin America, owned by the wealthiest man in the world.
Oakley released an eyepatch and a Gascan as far as I know, both polished black with ice lenses and blue icons. The eyepatch is not as hard to find as the gascan... If you find a gascan, please let me know hehehehehehe

I dont think the Gascan was ever released to public on these....
Also I dont remember the exact date of release but I believe it was 2000-2003 time frame... Could be wrong tho....

Thanks for the info, I know alot about telmex and the race team, I was more looking for info on when and where these glasses were sold. I was told that they were never available in North America and wanted to confirm this fact.

They didn't release them in Mexico? Seems kind of counter-intuitive.

All 4 Telmex were Mexican exclusives. I have the black-ice Eyepatch but if anyone has the other 3 they wish to sell just send me a message which could lead to a deal.

Gascan - Polished Black - Ice 12-794
Gascan - Polished White - Ice 12-795
Eyepatch - Polished Black - Ice 24-096
Eyepatch - Polished White - Ice 24-097

Back