1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Just got in a pair of XX (thanks Tavers!) that have size 15 temples. This is my first set of metals so I'm not used to the flex coming at the temple instead of the stems.

I think I think smaller rubber inserts? With the 15 in the orbitals have to push way out and sit flatter across my face, if I remove the temples the glasses wrap more and don't flare out like crazy at the temples. I know my pair need the flex coupler in the nose replaced, before I wear them too much and bend the tabs on the orbitals in the nose bridge. At the same time I likely need new ear socks and smaller temple shocks, so I guess a trip to Oakley is in order?

I'm still at work so I'm trying to wrap my head around how these wrap around my head while still trying to get work done. :big_boss:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

there isnt a smaller OEM size than 15, BUT you can cut them in half longitudinally to make em thinner.

3. sunpoh

sunpoh Oakley Enthusiast

15 is already the smallest for temple shocks... I don't know many people who wear XX pair without the temple shocks but I know there are people who do. I think it's a bit dangerous as the temple shocks sort of prevents metal rubbing against each other causing scratches.

You should get a Romeo if the XX are too small for you. Romeos are way bigger than XX.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

alternatively DGmods gave me a whole pile of tshocks he used to make before he switched to only gaskets. BUT i dont have access to them now as im away from home for quite some time.

5. Rustpot

Romeos are 2-3 times the price of XX though!

I can figure out something, and shave down the rubber to keep something in between the stem and orbital. The pairs fit pretty well, just the way the stems fit in a slight issue.

With Size 15 installed
    Temple Shock Sizes? - 2012-06-21111504.jpg

With no rubber in the temple;
    Temple Shock Sizes? - 2012-06-21113644.jpg

6. vodou

vodou Oakley Beginner

Those look great!!

7. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

they really look more good on you w/o the temple shocks, so maybe trim them as much as possible to just give protection against metal-metal contact?

8. keptman

keptman Oakley Enthusiast

If you don't want to cut the stock temple units. Get a set of the walleva they don't come as two different sizes at least mine didn't. When I got a set they were both like the 25. So I cut around the number area and got it closer to a 15. I'll take some pics later of them. There not in my juliets as I sent them in to Oakley. Should arive Monday according to tracking. Depending on how wore out the nose bridge is does depend on how much the temple shocks work. One of my pairs was so loose that without the shocks they would fall off.

9. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Glad that you finally got a pair and sorry that I was unable to assist!

10. Rustpot

Thanks! Only took about 10, 15 years after seeing them in the movies and deciding I wanted one to actually have one!