• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ten (X) Black Ink/00 Red Iridium Polarized, Too Feminine?

Ask OpinionatedOakley, he's the sole spokesman for what's feminine on this forum. :wink:

Why thank you, sir; I would like to take the mic for a moment.

I think it depends on the context. If I was wearing those bad boys at the Tuesday Night World Championships, on my Ferrari Red bicycle, laying waste to the field up the climbs and taking the win, they would be pretty bad ass.

Red is such an "angry" color. Are you an angry person? Do you exude intensity? If so, that colorway is going to magnify your natural composure.

Conversely, if you're using the flashiness of your eyewear as a crutch for your persona....not quite sure that is going to work. I mean, it's not polished aluminum you're wearing. You do need to add some personality to that black frame.

So do your part, and it will work. That's my opinion.

The lenses certainly aren't my taste, but for the size of the Tens, and not being a square frame they don't look feminine at all. Grow a beard if your manliness is in question :wink:

Tens are considerably bigger than Monster Dogs though. Dogs are just a bit bigger than the XX and Straight Jacket, and the Tens blow those out of the water for sure. I haven't owned a Dog, only tried them on a couple times because they're just not big enough for my face and block part of my vision.

If you need I can swing by the Vault and grab a Dog and a Ten for a quick snap shot, I think they reside on the same display section at the one near me.

The lenses certainly aren't my taste, but for the size of the Tens, and not being a square frame they don't look feminine at all. Grow a beard if your manliness is in question :wink:

Tens are considerably bigger than Monster Dogs though. Dogs are just a bit bigger than the XX and Straight Jacket, and the Tens blow those out of the water for sure. I haven't owned a Dog, only tried them on a couple times because they're just not big enough for my face and block part of my vision.

If you need I can swing by the Vault and grab a Dog and a Ten for a quick snap shot, I think they reside on the same display section at the one near me.

Cheers Rustpot, but only do so if it is 100% convenient, this is not a pressing issue so I can wait till whenever you next visit.

X vs XX. Opposite of how you might initially think. I had the Twenty on hand, like I said the MD is probably a bit taller with a lens that doesn't taper as much toward the temples like the Twenty, but not much wider IIRC.

The Ten is matte black with VR28 black iridium polarized (one of my favorite lenses, mmmm), the Twenty is (jet?) black with black iridium polarized.

Edit: Oh yes, it's not super apparent, but the Ten doesn't look as wide, but it has a lot more wrap in the orbitals, so it fits pretty different.

IMG_0824.jpg

Edit 2: I have Batwolf, new Straight Jackets, M Frames, Radars, Flak and Half jackets on hand if you're more familiar with any of those.

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 126
Back