• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TEXAS TOAST JAM FROGSKINS

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
I am aware that during 2012 Oakley produced Frogskins for Texas Toast Jam in limited quantity, and although I have sought to establish some facts via internet searches, many questions remain unanswered. If anyone can provide any information on this collaboration it would be appreciated, particularly in regard to the following:

I need a complete list of all the Texas Toast Frogskins detailing the frame and lens combinations.
How many pairs were made of each?
What microbag was used?
Did they have boxes and were these labelled, and if so, what were the part numbers?

I would be interested in purchasing a complete set in complete and new condition, please message me if you can help.

I remember I saw a picture if them once, I would post it but can't find it anymore, but they were basic orange acid tortoise with fire iridium, but with etching on the lenses. I'm not sure, but I believe it had either "Texas Toast" or just "Toast" as the etching.

I remember I saw a picture if them once, I would post it but can't find it anymore, but they were basic orange acid tortoise with fire iridium, but with etching on the lenses. I'm not sure, but I believe it had either "Texas Toast" or just "Toast" as the etching.

The picture you refer to could be the following:

fullfactorydistro.com/2012/10/texas-toast-jam-limited-edition-oakleys/
www.oakleyforum.com/threads/bmx-frogskins.13222/#post-159255

The same picture appears on some other sites as well, and as you say the piece seems to be Acid Tortoise Orange - Fire, with etchings in both lenses. There appears to be an Acid Tortoise Green and Pink version also each of which flank the Orange, and an etching can be seen in one of the Pink Frogskins. I had read somewhere that just 50 were made, but does that apply to each of these three or do the quantities differ with one frame having a 50 issue? Further, I have seen another picture of what appears to be a Black pair with maybe a Violet lens on the O Review, so I believe so far we can establish four different pairs exist.

Last edited:
twitpic.com/b3j4eb

It would appear from the above that there are 6 Texas Toast Frogskins, seemingly the 5 Acid Tortoise with etched lenses and a Black with Violet lens pair, and all these combined make up the 50 pairs released which equates to roughly 8 pairs of each colourway. There are about 50 Frogskins in the picture so there is reason to believe that group is just about the entire output. I think it will be extremely difficult to find just one, and impossible to get even close to the whole collection....disappointing for me as I think I am unlikely to ever find them.

I have just procured the Acid Tortoise Pink - Ruby - Texas Toast Jam Frogskin, with a perfect frame but some minor marks on the lenses. It seems that these were issued to competitors and associates at the event in 2012 in the same microbag and with the same sku as the regular versions but without boxes. I believe the output was something like this:

Acid Tortoise Black - +Red 24-313 Texas Toast Jam, lens etched, specific microbag, no box, quantity ?
Acid Tortoise Blue - Blue 24-309 Texas Toast Jam, lens etched, specific microbag, no box, quantity 8
Acid Tortoise Green - Emerald 24-310 Texas Toast Jam, lens etched, specific microbag, no box, quantity 9
Acid Tortoise Orange - Fire 24-312 Texas Toast Jam, lens etched, specific microbag, no box, quantity 9
Acid Tortoise Pink - Ruby 24-311 Texas Toast Jam, lens etched, specific microbag, no box, quantity 7

There is a more recent pair that seems to be Black with Violet which has different lens etching but so far other information about it has proven elusive.

Last edited:
How did you even track one down dude? Nice score! Good luck hunting for the others! If someone can get them all, would probably be you.

How did you even track one down dude? Nice score! Good luck hunting for the others! If someone can get them all, would probably be you.

It was a lucky ebay find jono (item number 190990972502), which amounts to the only example I have so far seen for sale. Certainly a "nice score" but I would consider it impossible to acquire the whole set, however I am keen to add any other pair of them to my collection and will continue the search.

You seem surprised. Ash is the ultimate hunter!

These seem to be the same sort of thing as the DC Shoes pair someone posted awhile back. I dont know facts on these, but im going to try find out. I suspect them to be "standard custom" product. Meaning, standard corporate customs that any custom or even normal joe off the street could order. Supply oakley with the etching images and request colourways.

You seem surprised. Ash is the ultimate hunter!

These seem to be the same sort of thing as the DC Shoes pair someone posted awhile back. I dont know facts on these, but im going to try find out. I suspect them to be "standard custom" product. Meaning, standard corporate customs that any custom or even normal joe off the street could order. Supply oakley with the etching images and request colourways.

I have doubts the etching on the DC Shoes pair was the work of Oakley as the logo would typically be of the same company design, there is incorrect spacing between words and with the amount of script I think Oakley would have curved it with the orbital instead of across the lens. I suggest there needs to be supporting evidence the etching is genuine prior to considering this a true product. With the Texas Toast, there is internet confirmation of the glasses being real, plus the etchings are on the upper of both left and right lenses instead of the lower lens where the OCP script applies, plus the right lens symbols of the arrow, bike, and man are not OCP options, thus these pieces in their format would be specific to the event and exceptionally rare due to the extremely low quantities manufactured of each colourway.

There is also a polished black w/ grey lens 2013 Texas Toast Jam version, with "Together We Shred" at the top of one lens and the "Texas Toast" logo at the top of the other.

Last edited:
Back