• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TF3 Gascans

How easy is the swap on Gascans? I want these frames but I'd need some replacement lenses most of the time.

Sorry about the needless revival...lol

If you intend to wear your 3D Gascans as normal sunglasses, it's recommended that you buy a new pair of the same color gascans and swap the earstems. The lenses/orbitals in the 3D frames are slightly different from standard gascans. If you intend to keep the 3D lenses new, you'll go this route as swapping the lenses in and out will cause the coating to scratch/flake along the edges. If you don't care about the 3D lenses, you can simply swap regular lenses in, but just know that swapping the lenses is a ONE TIME DEAL.

If you don't care about the 3D lenses, you can simply swap regular lenses in, but just know that swapping the lenses is a ONE TIME DEAL.

Very true, I know from experience. I don't care that much about the 3D lenses, but it sucks they started peeling when I tried to put them back in. Warrant wouldn't budge either saying they are not interchangeable. I still think they should have better documentation in the materials stating not to remove the lenses. Oh well, I still rock my TinTin with vr28 all the time!

Thx for the info. I take it the 3D lenses aren't any good as shades, huh? Guess I need to start elsewhere.

If I did go the 2 pair route, are the earstems on cans as easy to move as they are on the old eye jackets?

Thx for the info. I take it the 3D lenses aren't any good as shades, huh? Guess I need to start elsewhere.

If I did go the 2 pair route, are the earstems on cans as easy to move as they are on the old eye jackets?

Haha, no way in hell youll be protected from 3D lenses! :p

Only problem with that is that the TF3's are a Matte Black frame, so if you want to match the earstem color, you might consider backing out of that auction.

I'm not too worried about them matching perfectly, as long as they don't look horrible I can live with it.

Back