• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thank You Eltb99!

chrisbron

Oakley Expert
Picked these up today from the post office!

They're a beauty! Although, one of the legs is 'floppy'. It's really loose- is there a way to fix that?

Otherwise I'm well chuffed with these! :dance3:

cd1bc81f.jpg

Another nice pick up. How do you do it man? And for the floppy legs I don't think there is anything you can do about it. It has happened to a couple of mine.

What's in the Frogskin box behind it?

the loose arm fault is common to some frogskins and there are two reasons for this. if the 'post' on the knuckle on the orbital is short, you cannot fix the problem, at least i am not aware of how to overcome the defect. some moda3 pairs had that fault. if the grip part at the end of the arm is too open, it cannot have a firm hold on the post, so will be loose due to this. if that is the case it can be fixed. i had a supreme violet with this fault. you can use a small clamp, and tighten the two end of stem parts so they are closer together, they should look parallel, you may need to 'pad' the stem, you dont want the clamp to mark the arm. then place that part of the arm in a bowl of very hot water, ok the water cools, do it a few times a day, i kept it going for about two weeks or so, took off the clamp, the result being a now perfect fitting arm to the beloved masterpiece. the key is to keep the clamp on the arm long enough to allow the grip part to become fixed, the hot water softens the arm and it 'gives in' to the position set by the clamp.

Latest Posts

Back