• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thanks To All Military!!!

Thank you all for your continuos support. Making this simple thread on showing your appreciations means a lot to all of us serving. A big thank you from all of us from 5th ANGLICO stationed in Okinawa, Japan!
Hey i've been there. I was "deployed" if you will, to Kadena AFB in 2011. Not a bad "deployment".

Hey i've been there. I was "deployed" if you will, to Kadena AFB in 2011. Not a bad "deployment".
Its technically considered a "Forward Deployment" but i don't even count it as one at all. Its not bad at all here. Im enjoying it very much and being stationed here gives us opportunities to travel for different training i.e. Guam, Australia, Africa etc... Looking forward to it all.

Thanks for the support. It means a lot to all of us serving and who have served.

Its technically considered a "Forward Deployment" but i don't even count it as one at all. Its not bad at all here. Im enjoying it very much and being stationed here gives us opportunities to travel for different training i.e. Guam, Australia, Africa etc... Looking forward to it all.
That it does man. I "deployed" (by the way, I put deployed in quotations because I know it seems silly that we call that a deployment, when it's really a paid vacation lol) to Guam twice in 09 and 10, and they were great. Guam is a really cool place, nice and relaxed.

A big thank you from all of us from 5th ANGLICO stationed in Okinawa, Japan!

Ooorah to my fellow Marines and all serving currently or served. We used the range at Hansen for the year I spent on the Rock, followed by a year in Korea for Bear Hunt/Team Spirit.

My experiences and lessons learned during my decade in the Corps are the only reason that I am whatever I am today. I owe everything to my Marine Corps. Our youngest son (I'm blessed with 3) is a college baseball player and because of that I watch around 70 baseball games a year where they play my favorite song before each game. I lock my body up and go away for a minute. I remember places and friends that I made there, friends that I lost and other great men and true heroes like Pat Tillman, Ed Freeman and living heroes like Christian Mackenzie. I get misty-eyed and goosebumps every time but I keep it mostly hidden behind my Oaks... I think.

In my second life I'm in business. At a trade show yesterday I was blessed to meet an incredible young man named Joe. Joe is a Corpsman who lost a leg due to an IED and was at the show working with 3 manufacturers that support Joe's organization. Doc is an incredibly modest guy with an easy smile and a wonderfully self-deprecating sense of humor. He was there representing a great cause- America's VetDogs, http://www.vetdogs.org/

They supply specifically train animals for vets that need and deserve them, training dogs for about a year and a half to assist their owners with the specific help that they need. Joe clearly loves his buddy and I'm going to use our company to get behind Joe's organization. I want to see how I can help to create sustainable revenue streams with pet product manufacturers, for example I'd like to work with a company like BilJac to create an auto-replenishment program for pet foods with Internet retailers. Folks buy pet food every month and many use higher-end foods like BilJac - wouldn't it be a great thing if every time a pet owner got a bag of food (that they need and were going to buy anyway) that America's VetDogs got a little sumthin sumthin? Like maybe 5 cents on the dollar?

That doesn't seem like much, but do it every month a couple hundred or a couple thousand times every month then you really have something, you'd have a real revenue stream. Anyway, that's the sort of thing that I want to accomplish.

If you served, thank you from the bottom of my heart and if you served that's way more than enough.

But here is a challenge and only you will know if you are who I'm talking to:
If your service gave you skills and experiences that created opportunities for you and paved the way for blessings that you never imagined beyond your wildest dreams (like a home, a career and 3 healthy kids) I challenge you to give a little bit back. Find a cause like Oakley did with the Infinite Hero Foundation, like I found with America's VetDogs or one of the many that could use some support and just do something.

Latest Posts

Back