• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thanks To My Wife***UPDATE***UPDATE***

Thanks everyone. When I was at this particular Vault back in January they had both the 24k Juliet and 24k X-Squared. I surely didn't think they would still be there. The X-Squared was gone but the Juliet was still in the case. I asked to try them on and my wife said they looked good (surprisingly). When I told her how much they were....her eyes popped out of her head.

I then said to the guy, "I'll take them". He said that he was going to check to see if he had a pair in the back with a lower production number. This surprised me because I didn't think many (if any stores) got more than one pair. He claims they had 3 of them at one point. But...these were the last pair he had. He then came up to me and my wife and said, "if you ask me for a 10% discount, I will give it to you because they are the last pair. Our policy is that we can give you the discount, but you have to ask". It seemed kind of silly....but I asked he said sure.

They had 1 Pit Boss...and I tried that on. As I was looking in the mirror, I heard my wife ask the guy how much and he said $595...and she replied with "Holy ****e". I told her that I can definitely get these cheaper on-line.

As we were walking up to pay for the Juliets, she asked if I was only going to buy 1 pair...and I immediatley did a 180 away from the register and continued to look around. Then I saw the FMJ twenty's....tried them on....she said she liked them and that was it.

They did have a ton of their snow gear (jackets and pants) on sale. But their clearance case was pretty much the same stuff they always have....a ton of Pit Bulls, Jaw Bones and Split Jackets.

Thanks to everyone for their B-Day wishes.

I have a feeling my wife will keep this in her pocket for a while and then pull it out when she really wants something. She turns 40 in October...so she has some time to think about it.

The fit of the Twenty's is pretty nice. I need to spend some time in them to give a good review and comparison to another frame....but right off the bat, I though of the Fives 2.0. Maybe not as tight of a wrap as the Fives....but still they are pretty damn nice. I really like the FMJ with the Fire Lens. I would like to get the FMJ Pit Bull to compliment it.

so when you go to any oakley vault store, you can ask for an additional 10% off of anything to the salesreps??

so when you go to any oakley vault store, you can ask for an additional 10% off of anything to the salesreps??

He came up to us and said it is their policy to give a 10% discount on the item if it is their last one. But.....he said you have to ask for the discount. He said it to us on the sly....and a different lady checked us out and gave us the discount. I am not sure if it is an Oakley company wide policy (maybe some O-Store employees will chime in).

Latest Posts

Back