• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thanks to you all for you're opinions...

Call BS as there wasnt a second gen. I saw the one on here and eBay. Think its a refinish
Agree

Also, good guys don't BS - and the ignorant but honest would at least tell you they did not know the difference as opposed to feeding you a line. If it sounds like I am being judgmental, I am.

agreed to all above. xx plasmas are made rare due to the fact that they were cut short in production because of the finish being susceptible to corrosion. I have a frankenpair that would pass as OEM and it became like that on the way to being polished. oh and that was a xmetal pair too.

I have a frankenpair that would pass as OEM and it became like that on the way to being polished. oh and that was a xmetal pair too.
BINGO! ;)

*no apology for being 'excited' about this, I don't like when people talk trash about X-Metals - I don't like it at all :punish:

BINGO! ;)

*no apology for being 'excited' about this, I don't like when people talk trash about X-Metals - I don't like it at all :punish:
I have a couple of plasma xx both serialised,I have also owned about 6 plasma Romeo frames 2 of which were unserialised so called warranty frames, is it inconceivable that XX plasma frames were also produced unserialised?

inconceivable that XX plasma frames were also produced unserialised?
Not inconceivable, just extremely unlikely because a) none of us have ever seen or heard of one, b) the difference in the way they were manufactured and c) the fact that at least two of the members have created a clone that could pass for the real thing less the SN. Also, if it were a warranty pair there would be a non-matching box floating around there somewhere - another unicorn with an elf riding away on it into the night - it might exist, but I sure as heck don't see it.

Back