• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

That EBay Postage Rip-off Just Happened To Me

I hear a few of you mentioning sellers that say they will ship express but do not. My 2 Ice Iridium Monster Pups were meant to be shipped express but I checked the tracking and they are only coming priority, which usually isn' too much of a problem except for the fact that I paid for express and that I will be leaving home before they arrive most likely. I want to make an example of this seller. Do I simply leave bad feedback, ask for a postage refund or really really sting them and send the items back for a full refund to teach them a lesson?

So I contacted the seller and he said it was because it cost him $34 to ship priority and that "I should still owe him money" can you believe the nerve. Seriously thinking of sending these back for a refund when they are received

Just leave them feedback that reflects how unhappy you were. It will be a pain to send them back and wait for the e-bay court room to do its thing. That is weeks!!
Leave bad feedback!! Keep the shades.

Personally, I would just leave negative or neutral feedback and take it on the chin. I would mention it in the feedback tho.... "charged for express shipping but sent by regular post"

A lot of eBay seller's hate getting anything other than positive feedback. Really hurts their egos!

Sellers should contact buyers before shipping if the promised method will cost more to get the buyers approval for method and rates. With that said.....I'm not sure I would even leave neutral feedback over this much less negative. My experience is that such feedback is left by people that don't sell on eBay and don't understand the ins and outs and complexities that come with selling on eBay (complexities that are multiplied by international sales). I understand you didn't get the speed of shipping you were promised and that may have even complicated a plan or timeline you had for the product, but the seller didn't rip you off in the sense of trying to make a profit because a Priority shipment from the United States is at LEAST $34. And I would ask this...if the seller had contacted you and said he had mis-estimated the shipping cost for Express and offered to ship it Express still for the extra amount (probably closer to $55 total) would you have agreed to pay more? If the answer is no than I think there is certainly no way you should be leaving anything but positive feedback. If nothing else, leave NO FEEDBACK. I've done that many times when not fully happy about something.

it is more than likely due to the new increased rates. prices did virtually double and now flat rate priority no longer has delivery confirmation according to the usps site when you process there. ass a seller you have to advise a buyer if you are changing terms at all. sucks but usps went out of control for rates...

Back