• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The controversial $300 CL Romeo 1's are home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...not sure how I feel about that.

Not to mention the guy lied and claimed that his wife found out what he was selling it for and then had to charge more. Then raised the price again after that.

not sure how you feel about what? You've already made it very clear X-Metals aren't your thing so what would you have done with them?

When did I make it clear X-Metals aren't my thing? Never even seen one in person until I bought a Juliet but it was too small. With the Romeo being the largest, good chance it would have worked. If your statement before about telling him what you thought they were worth was after he'd jacked the price around, then that's a different story, and I apologize. But if I was closing a deal on them and you interrupted it by telling him he was getting "taken advantage of", then I'd have an issue (that's how I read it at first).

Whatever issues you have would be your own. I didn't know who he was making the deal with and honestly unless someone specifically posted on the forum they were trying to work a deal I wouldn't care, he said it was a done deal at $400 and asked me what they were worth. You made it clear to me in your post when you flipped the $70 Juliets for $250 here on the forum.

However you want to feel man. If you want to keep referring back to that deal, go ahead. You were the one that put it on blast what I paid for them then too and made my sale tougher. What someone pays for something has no bearing on what they're worth or can/should sell them for, for one thing. If you'd bought the R1's for $300 and decided to get rid of them, would you have sold them for $300? Doubtful. Second thing, as I said, had never even seen an X-Metal before prior to buying the Juliets, so had no idea how or if they'd fit. They didn't. I sold them for a good price (much less than you are claiming by the way, but what's a little accuracy). If you have an issue with it, let's hear it.

Let me just tell you this PPF23 I don't know if you're making deals on CL or any other forum member. If you think you've developed some special tactic in finding one of kind posts on CL regarding Oakley's you're dead wrong. You say I "Put it on Blast" how much you paid? Do you honestly feel we were the only two people in the whole Oakley collecting community that seen the $70 Juliets? There are 100's and 100's maybe 1000's of people who see and search these ads long before you or me. When I am working a deal I don't know if I am competing against a forum member or some guy off the street. And as far as what someone pays I have to be completely honest I have never read the forum rules here but I think there is something that refers to what someone pays if their only intention is to turn and flip them to make big profits off forum members. And yes if I paid $300 for the Romeo's and i didn't like them and was only looking for something to wear I would pass that blessing on to another forum member. If I wanted to make a much cash as possible I would use Ebay. But I collect not flip. I paid $500 for them and I wouldn't sell them even if I were offered twice that much because I really enjoy seeing them in my collection.

LMAO then I guess I titled the thread right!!

so just ignore the sale thread and move on

PPF23 I didn't comment on your sale thread at all. I did just ignore it and moved on. You're the one who is posting in my thread. If you don't like what I am saying ignore me and move on, just like I did with your sale thread! You're the one who also said if my comment meant it the way you took it then you have issues with it. I'm bored with this now, I'm sorry you weren't able to get the glasses for $300 only to find out you didn't like them and then flip them for double that here on the forum. BUT if you really want them you can have them for the $500 I paid for them plus shipping that way if you don't like them you could probably re-sell them here for about that much. This only applies to you because I really don't want to sell them.

Thank You for your valuable advice. And for entering into the same **** you just said not to talk about. Brilliant.

No reason to fight over this guys. We all love Oakleys. Thread is locked, lets just move on. If anyone has any issues please feel free to Inbox me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back