• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Coolest Vehicle I Ever Owned...

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I bought this when I was 26 or 27 and to this day I can't believe I ever sold it. I don't even remember what I replaced it with but I sure do miss this Hummer. I got into a lot of trouble and several fines. The largest fine was $2500 for disturbing the aquatic vegetation in the river. I still think they made one up! I only have one picture of this truck and it was taken in the dark so all you can see are the lights. My cousin just text me these pictures.

41A5839E-081A-4763-9DF6-4EAFB05BBDBB_zps4ru3bxv3.jpg

a friend of mine always thought his jeep was comparable to my Hummer.

15DD94EE-7DAC-4749-A7A0-E923CEBFCAAC_zpsvxajxkpp.jpg

View attachment 103612

I love my Hummer. Mine doesn't go the places it is intended to go as I have too much work invested in it and it's pretty much all show.

My brother sold a bicycle to a guy in the area. He rolls up in a beastly H1 Alpha, aftermarket wheels and Toyo MT tires, bike rack, lights out the wazoo, with white paint and black accessories. It looked like the Storm Troopers loaned it out for the day. It's such an awesome vehicle, even during its GM days with the Duramax under the hood. Too bad its incredibly impractical.

Knew a guy with a Duramaxxed H1. things are sweet.
Without jeeps, none of what we do with 4x4 would have happened..
That being said, I doubt Id ever buy another one. My $5000 ebay landcruiser just hit 300,000 miles and the valve cover has never been off :D

Back