• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Customize Your Oakley Thread...

That's one hell of a lens you got there man for your Romeo! I've got X-metal and titanium frame, so definitely i'll be needing some lens since they both have gold iridium! I hope you can help me on what are the lenses that I can use. :redface:

That's one hell of a lens you got there man for your Romeo!
Thanks. I think it's kind of cool too.
I've got X-metal and titanium frame, so definitely i'll be needing some lens since they both have gold iridium! I hope you can help me on what are the lenses that I can use. :redface:
Is this going to be a 'do it yourself' job or are you getting an optometrist to do it for you? If it's an optometrist I would talk to your optometrist and see what he's comfortable with.

The lens that you use for cutting has to be bigger (obviously) and have a similar curvature in order to fit. I used Plaintiff lenses but I was told that Jawbones (non-vented) Pitbull and some others would work. Somebody on here earlier said that he used Oil Rigs for Romeo1s. Nice thing with all these models is that it gives you a wide range of colours to choose from. Emerald, Ruby, Ice... it's all good. I plan on getting some more lenses cut soon just so I can swap them out for the future. Personally, I'm going to get Chrome done soon. I was thinking about Ruby (I've seen Ruby on Romeo1s and it looks pretty sick) but I've already got it in my Juliets so... If you like Gold, maybe you can find something with 24k lenses for it. That would be absolutely sick in a Romeo. Nice thing is, when you're cutting it yourself you have an infinite number of choices. Blue Iridium Fishing lens, Positive Red Polarized... anything. So you need to decide do you want it for looks, functionality, polarization? Narrow it down and then go from there...

The other (easiest) option is to go for an aftermarket lens like Exovista or Visionary Lenses. They are much cheaper than anything you'll do with an Oakley lens and it's already cut for you. I can't speak to the quality of those lenses but I think there's a thread on here somewhere about it around here somewhere.

Thanks for the info man! yeah i think I'm gonna pass with aftermarket lenses. I'll take your advice and look for local optometrist who does the job(cutting). I would rather spend my money to genuine oakley lenses for my Romeos than the after market. :redface: will start searching for lenses now...I'm thinking of 24k for my X-metal frame and deep blue for the titanium frame..Hope I can find a good deal. Keep this thread rollin! :redface:

I would check the Holbrook's. They might be big enough to work. I don't think Dispatch is big enough for a Romeo 1. And definitely talk to the optometrist that is going to cut it for you first.

I would check the Holbrook's. They might be big enough to work. I don't think Dispatch is big enough for a Romeo 1. And definitely talk to the optometrist that is going to cut it for you first.

I do have eyepatch 1 with Ice Iridium and holbrook with 24k .I'm gonna bring them to the optometrist and find out what would be the best lens that would fit for Romeo.

Latest Posts

Back