• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The End Is Near...

I've got around 3 years on my X-metal/Ruby pair and they were wore fairly often until recently. They have zero scratches on them, but do have a tiny smudge on one lens. Only noticeable to the most hardcore collectors though. As long as you don't drop them, don't touch the lenses with anything but the cleaning cloth and store them appropriately there's no reason that the lenses can't last a long LONG time.

I wear all my pairs as well, so while I love displaying them and keeping them as close to pristine as possible, I also want to enjoy them and use them for what they were made. I plan on continuing to buy Juliets until I have all colorways listed on O-Review if possible (and then I have a few other ideas for at least 1 or 2 custom pairs as well). It's likely going to take me years to get there and I'm really REALLY late to the party, but I'm ok with that. My biggest obstacle right now is the fact that I want to only buy pairs with the original Box and coin, and not the glasses solo. Well... that and the price on some of these. Ichiro's are ridiculously priced!

Yeah I'm a box and coin guy too. Gotta have the complete set unless I get a rock bottom deal on a pair. I'm like you and late to the party. I've worn Juliets for years but only had one pair. Now I'm up to 3 pairs and a few pair of x squared. You are are right as they are really expensive right now. Gonna be interesting how the whole x metal line plays out in the very end. I just want a few more x squared and I'd be a happy guy. So hard to come by and so expensive!!

The line would be going away just when I decided to start collecting a little bit here and there. I am wanting a couple more pair of X Squared and I will be somewhat happy for the moment...I think lol... As far as wearing them, I am full steam ahead with that. I will just see what my options are when I do need a tune up some years down the road. I have however started buying lenses and rubber kits like crazy for the future. The dang lenses scratch so easily, I figure that is what I would go through the quickest anyway...

That's the nature of the beast. The ending of the line has caused many to collect or ramp up their collection. You don't know what you have till its gone.

THE ONLY HOPE FOR X-METAL LENSES ARE THE CUTTERS OUT THERE,THE FRAMES WILL LAST FOREVER AND NOW THAT LINEGEAR IS MAKING RUBBER WE SHOULD BE IN BUISNESS FOR AWHILE ANYWAYS.

Latest Posts

Back