• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The end of the OAKLEY watch era...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people who've been in large groups in small spaces have had this happen. Usually I'm the one doing the bumping. Sorry guys.
Speaking of surprises that does not come as one after seeing some of you're pics in where? Oh yeah yet another watches discontinued thread. Is that where this is headed too?
YAY! ::

Speaking of surprises that does not come as one after seeing some of you're pics in where? Oh yeah yet another watches discontinued thread. Is that where this is headed too?
YAY! ::
That other thread was HQ Layoffs, serious bzness.

I'm going to the O-Store this weekend.
They better have some watches there or I'll break everything up :headbang:
This **** really hit me hard, I think I liked those watches more than I knew... :(

innuendo... ;)
Makes me giggle everytime.

:D

tn_9138.jpg

So here is what I was told regarding the watches, that some company bought Oakley, and decided to go head on on smart watches against Apple and Samsung, so that's why they are shutting down the Oakley analog line. Bad move. Saw a very nice watch at the O store this wknd, but $1300 - 30% is still not enough discount. I rather spend those $900 on 2 or 3 Xmetal sunglasses

Yes, that "some company" is Luxottica, and they bought Oakley back in 2007. The watch discontinuation was part of broader restructuring that laid off a bunch of people at HQ, as they continued to "merge" operations...

Yes, that "some company" is Luxottica, and they bought Oakley back in 2007. The watch discontinuation was part of broader restructuring that laid off a bunch of people at HQ, as they continued to "merge" operations...
Tell me more about this layoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back