• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Evil Combination Of Bad Sales People Selling Oakleys

Kaduku

Oakley Beginner
I was a a store that carried Oakley products and I asked if they carried Asian Fit glasses and I was told by the sales lady that there were no such thing as Asian Fit, to make matters worse she thought my Exclusive Science Fuel Cells were fake because shes never seen the color combo....I mean its alright if a sales person doesn't know every detail about Oakley products but damn...I thought I was going to bust a blood vessel lol

I was a a store that carried Oakley products and I asked if they carried Asian Fit glasses and I was told by the sales lady that there were no such thing as Asian Fit, to make matters worse she thought my Exclusive Science Fuel Cells were fake because shes never seen the color combo....I mean its alright if a sales person doesn't know every detail about Oakley products but damn...I thought I was going to bust a blood vessel lol

A little product knowledge goes a long way. But for her to be this ignorant. She should be made to go on a training course. How can you sell a product if you know nothing about it.

but it looks as if it is the trend that damned hired who know nothing again!
so many stores and not enough people with knowledge or the will to educate yourself!

they are in the stores to sell something . . . and that´s the point, they sell OAKLEY not something!

i would have called oakley and handed the phone to her...Asian fit is right on site...sorry to hear yet another story like this

It's a sign of the times. People need jobs and will do anything for a paycheck, whether they care/know about the product or not.

but at this point, it would be a smart move from Oakley, to pick the right people for the right positions....
sometime i think, go ahead and clean the store, but please don´t try, to sell Oakley products!

Yes, unfortunately it is definitely the trend. It's become obvious to me that to these people it is just a job. That's ok, but let's get some knowledge for the products you sell. Even the Oakley Stores, Vaults and Customer Service telesales employees tend to have very little knowledge of the products sold by Oakley. I called just last week to get some replacement lenses and the rep stated "We've never made lenses for the radar in that color." I've had to explain to her that they definitely have and this is the sku of the sunglasses that had them. It's frustrating, but we do probably spend a lot more time with the product than they do if you think about it.

I'd have to say Wrentham Vault has a knowledgeable staff..thats in MA...new manager is very good and they always are up on what I am talking about O stores it varies but good people currently in farmington, CT because if they don't know they will look it up and/or ask someone who does...I know what u mean . part of this lies with O and Lux...they have been told NOTHING about the 24K Holbrooks in local O store u guys are looking for and it is not on their invoice sheets or computer...not the store's fault...
Have to give props to Ct store I wanted OCP Flaks and the salesperson knew every color frame they had in stock without looking...pretty good...

to make matters worse she thought my Exclusive Science Fuel Cells were fake because shes never seen the color combo....

Sorry dude, you got sold some foakleys.

In all reality it's tough to keep up with all the products in a store, however, somebody in sales should never make assumptions about things she doesn't know. I work at an optical shop that sells O and my coworkers know the bare minimum. They just call for me whenever people are looking in the direction of the Oakley case. There's very few times when I give somebody a definitive "no" as an answer to questions regarding availability for product, those guys at headquarters are always churning out new stuff!

ah i misread that it wasn't an O store!...U never know what u are getting at some independent stores..I have seen real rare pairs at small surf shops in Maine and Vegas and fake ones in stores that seemed legitI remember when I went looking for my 3rd pair back in 03 a Kiosk person snagged me and promised to sell me the same thing as SGH for 19.99 instead of $100..I said "no thanks"

Back