• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The flask!

I like The Macallan cask strength. I would love a dram of 25 year.
:shock:

The Macallan Sherry Oak 25 Year Old Whisky is a pinnacle from "the Rolls Royce of single malts". Rich, robust aromas with hints of peaches, blood orange and wood spice. Flavors of coconut, vanilla, lemon and peat. A beautiful lingering finish with slightly spicy, sherried orange. The Macallan Sherry Oak 25 Year Old Whisky is one of the world's most awarded and admired Single Malts.
The Macallan ® Sherry Oak 25 Year Old Bottle 750ml
$1,232.00

The Macallan Sherry Oak 25 Year Old Whisky is a pinnacle from "the Rolls Royce of single malts". Rich, robust aromas with hints of peaches, blood orange and wood spice. Flavors of coconut, vanilla, lemon and peat. A beautiful lingering finish with slightly spicy, sherried orange. The Macallan Sherry Oak 25 Year Old Whisky is one of the world's most awarded and admired Single Malts.
The Macallan Sherry Oak 25 Year Old Bottle 750ml
$1,232.00
The most aged that I have had was Glenfiddich 30 while I was in Scotland. It was not that great, and to me, highly overrated. I've been sticking to much cheaper stuff since then.

The most aged that I have had was Glenfiddich 30 while I was in Scotland. It was not that great, and to me, highly overrated. I've been sticking to much cheaper stuff since then.
I'd like to try it just once. I find it funny that I would blink at that price for a bottle.....but once it's gone, it's gone......not like ...... say...... a pair of sunglasses. ;)

The Macallan ® Sherry Oak 25 Year Old Bottle 750ml
$1,232.00
Like I said. I'd love a dram. A few hundred bucks at a bar that does high end bottles.

I haven't had anything over a $75 bottle. But when you're tasting and you get very similar 12 years and have a half pour of 18 after it's like night and day in terms of flavor and finish.

The good cask strength is a VERY high alcohol content. It's a very fun drink as you can drink it without swallowing as it pretty much will absorb into your mouth when you just wet your lips and lick your gums. Flavor and no burn from swallowing a sip. Or you can cut it with water to see how the flavors change with dilution. Or add an ice cube and slowly sip as it melts and have an evolving drink.

Like I said. I'd love a dram. A few hundred bucks at a bar that does high end bottles.

I haven't had anything over a $75 bottle. But when you're tasting and you get very similar 12 years and have a half pour of 18 after it's like night and day in terms of flavor and finish.

The good cask strength is a VERY high alcohol content. It's a very fun drink as you can drink it without swallowing as it pretty much will absorb into your mouth when you just wet your lips and lick your gums. Flavor and no burn from swallowing a sip. Or you can cut it with water to see how the flavors change with dilution. Or add an ice cube and slowly sip as it melts and have an evolving drink.
If I ever have one of those bottles and we end up meeting I know who I'm sharing it with.

I'd like to try it just once. I find it funny that I would blink at that price for a bottle.....but once it's gone, it's gone......not like ...... say...... a pair of sunglasses. ;)
Exactly. After a while, you can't remember exactly what it tasted like, whether you enjoyed it or not. Sunglasses can last and be yours forever.
If I ever have one of those bottles and we end up meeting I know who I'm sharing it with.
Don't count me out if you're buying ;).

Exactly. After a while, you can't remember exactly what it tasted like, whether you enjoyed it or not. Sunglasses can last and be yours forever.

Don't count me out if you're buying ;).
Sitting at a nice round table with the bottles.....some glasses....music and friends/family.....that's what it's all about. :D

Latest Posts

Back