• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The GoLF Thread!

id like to hear some more cool stories about some awesome shots youll made!
Best one for me was an eagle on a par 4....I hit an 8 iron from about 150. I was playing with my brother and a couple of my cousins. Last hole of the day, the green was slightly uphill and couldn't really see the hole. I usually hit a slight fade and when I hit the ball it was going towards a sand trap on the right side of the green, so I thought for sure I'd be playing my third shot out of the sand. We got up to the green and I spent a few minutes looking for my ball and I started to get pissed because we couldn't find my ball. My cousin looked in the hole, asked me what kind of ball I was playing with and I told him it was a Callaway. He reached it the hole and said here you go...the ball had hit the lip of green and had enough backspin on it to where it caught the slope and rolled in the hole.

haha, very nice. i have yet to hole out from the fairway, ahhh one of these days hehe.
i will be playing a orund with my brother this weekend. :)

Clubs:
Taylormade Burner Driver
Taylormade Burner 3 Wood
Taylormade Burner 5 Wood
Rossa Ghost Putter
Maxfli Irons (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,SW,PW)

Course: Don Valley Golf Course (Junior Season Pass; unlimited play @ all Toronto public courses from June - August for only $350)

Sunglasses: Flak Jacket XLJ; silver frame, red ear socks, fire iridium lens.
I find that the fire lens really brings out the green & the flag

I played varsity golf all 4 years in high school. Don't play much any more though. Don't think I've even picked up clubs in 2 years. Best shot (or at least most memorable) I've ever made was a 40+ ft putt for eagle after driving the green on a par 4. It was a 2 man best bell tourney. Ended up being the deciding factor for my old man and I to take 2nd and win some cash. Always nice when you leave with more money than what you came with.

I'm lucky if I even play a few rounds a year, but I'm hoping to get out more this year.

Clubs:
Titleist 690CB irons
Taylormade R7 425 Driver
Taylormade V Steel 3 wood
Titleist 18.5 degree fairway wood
Titleist Volkey 52 degree wedge
Titleist Volkey 58 degree wedge
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec putter

Best shot: An ace on a 168 yard par 3 with my old set of Ping Karsten I's (I used a 6 iron). My best round: 78 Both were accomplished a very long time ago.

Probably one of the best shots I ever had was on a par 4 dogleg right. I put the ball in the massive bunker on the left side, and on my second shot I hit a gorgeous shot out of the bunker about 120 yards to land within 10 feet of the hole.

Back