• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Grail... Your Grail X-metal

to me, THE Grail would be the Carbon/+ve Red Penny. (Frogskinstein should know who has it..ha!)

My Grail? hmm..probably the Polished Carbon Ichiros.

to me, THE Grail would be the Carbon/+ve Red Penny. (Frogskinstein should know who has it..ha!)

My Grail? hmm..probably the Polished Carbon Ichiros.
yes Nike has a few carbon/+red penny. if we are looking at x metal grails to include everything, then this would be one for sure. also you could include, without question;
romeo - copper/black
romeo - black chrome - black (i had it but it was stolen from me, i will never see another, or i doubt it strongly)
juliet - black chrome frame
mars - brushed x metal/stressed leather - emerald - rootbeer rubbers (i have the only pair)
penny - carbon - + red

i consider the 'grail thread' to essentially include part coded official issues. in this respect i would suggest the hardest items to get are the two japan exclusive juliets, polished-ti clear, and plasma - ti clear, they are both rare in the insane extreme, for items that were 'proper' releases.

yes Nike has a few carbon/+red penny. if we are looking at x metal grails to include everything, then this would be one for sure. also you could include, without question;
romeo - copper/black
romeo - black chrome - black (i had it but it was stolen from me, i will never see another, or i doubt it strongly)
mars - brushed x metal/stressed leather - emerald - rootbeer rubbers (i have the only pair)
penny - carbon - + red

i consider the 'grail thread' to essentially include part coded official issues. in this respect i would suggest the hardest items to get are the two japan exclusive juliets, polished-ti clear, and plasma - ti clear, they are both rare in the insane extreme, for items that were 'proper' releases.

yes only proper releases.. whats all this about black chrome and a copper romeo? first im hearing if it..

romeo - copper/black
penny - carbon - + red

Sir, I would love to see a picture of such Mars
Thanks

black chrome and copper romeos were unissued, i heard from a top info source the copper romeo was just one pair, made for a boxer, but i also heard total_o had one or more, but we are talking micro numbers. i got my black chrome pair years ago from a guy who worked at hq, and to this day i dont know of another one of those, but like i said it was stolen from me and who knows where it is now, it was a beautiful item. the brushed x metal mars i got from the same guy, who actually made it, hence i know it is the only one, its 'real mad max' stuff.
it is best to consider 'grails' to be among those that were released with part codes, eg brown juliet etc, its an easy framework to think within.

re the mars.. dont all mars craters come in "brushed X-metal"? its basically how early Xmetals were? I know my craters are like that. so essentially you've got.. leather mars with emerald lenses.. were these a factory release? otherwise.. no offence or anything but i honestly dont see the rarity in it.. its as rare as any other leather mars? tell me if im wrong though. and im interested to see what this black chrome business is all about

haha i think we need photos.. to clarify..

Latest Posts

Back