• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Grail... Your Grail X-metal

re the mars.. dont all mars craters come in "brushed X-metal"? its basically how early Xmetals were? I know my craters are like that. so essentially you've got.. leather mars with emerald lenses.. were these a factory release? otherwise.. no offence or anything but i honestly dont see the rarity in it.. its as rare as any other leather mars? tell me if im wrong though. and im interested to see what this black chrome business is all about

haha i think we need photos.. to clarify..

I'm with BriP here, I'd really love to see pictures of such rarities

crater mars is x metal, as are the others, dark grey colour you all know. the one i have looks silver, brushed, matt type of look. the leather/stitching is rugged/dark/stressed, untidy look, and the emerald lens and rootbeer pieces are rare for mars. made by an oakley guy using oakley equipment etc. i would not think of it in some ways as rare, there are countless oakley items made as one offs, like some of the stuff Dr Chop put up recently, prototypes and one off items. i have always thought of rare official issues as true rare items, items that had part codes and for whatever reason were very hard to find, so i agree BriP, this pair is not something to get too excited about, i just love the mars, had a chance to get it, and took it, i would say a mint, perfect with box, serial match leather gold mars, although far more common, to be a better piece to have.

The grail: Romeo1.0 X-Metal Frame w/Black lenses (coz the nose bridge X-shape is where X-metal gets it's inspiration from, I think).
I'm happy with the X-Metals I already got, so nothing I'm pursuing, really, including the ones I dun have.
But the Copper Penny w/VR28 has best overall look in my books.

yes only proper releases.. whats all this about black chrome and a copper romeo? first im hearing if it..

you guys are probably right, abt the proper releases...=) in this case..

THE Grail would now be the polished carbon ichiro

and MY grail would be a romeo in mint condition. any romeo. ha!

yea it is best if we just stick to the official releases. it use to be special when you see a one off but now any one can get any custom frame professionally done as well as if Oakley did it so they are no longer all that special in my eyes. you can even make your own copper romeo if you want (of which there were four official pairs that was made by hq). some professional customs are so good that some of the top guys down at hq cannot even tell the difference. to get difficult to finder older releases are what is exciting about the hobby for me.

crater mars is x metal, as are the others, dark grey colour you all know. the one i have looks silver, brushed, matt type of look. the leather/stitching is rugged/dark/stressed, untidy look, and the emerald lens and rootbeer pieces are rare for mars. made by an oakley guy using oakley equipment etc. i would not think of it in some ways as rare, there are countless oakley items made as one offs, like some of the stuff Dr Chop put up recently, prototypes and one off items. i have always thought of rare official issues as true rare items, items that had part codes and for whatever reason were very hard to find, so i agree BriP, this pair is not something to get too excited about, i just love the mars, had a chance to get it, and took it, i would say a mint, perfect with box, serial match leather gold mars, although far more common, to be a better piece to have.

haha lets see the pictures bro! the X-metal on my crater mars looks like that silver, brushed matte finish too so im interested to see the difference. and what of the black chrome?

Ahh yes Total O's Copper Romeos. Remember when they hit the 'bay back in 2006. Sold for $1200. Wonder what they'd fetch now...

Latest Posts

Back