1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I know many people on here were speculating on the Juliet Hammerstem. I stopped by my local O store today to check this out myself, and it turns out the Hammerstem is only available on the polished Juliet frame (at least now on current SKU's). I forgot to take a pic but every other frame color is straight stem, will get one next time I'm in there. I hope this solves that debate.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

This is what I've seen too but I remember someone, either a rep or someone here, mentioning that the hammerstems were being phased out and to grab one while I still could.

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

That might be the case, but I just noticed that only the polished frames were Hammerstem. I think that was the main issue.

4. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

I believe the disagreement is whether the polished juliet comes with straight or hammer stems. One person said the polished juliet now comes with straight stems because of the photoshopped Oakley picture while everyone else says it still comes with hammer stems. The only way to settle this is to show a real pic of a straight stem polished juliet.

5. Razerwire

I think currently the only one that has hammerstems are the polished but there were these in the past:

The Oakley Review - Glasses
    The Oakley Review - Glasses

So the question becomes, does polished carbon fall under the polished category or is it a unique one on its own?

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

got to consider that they were 'special editions' too..

7. Juliet Overlord

Juliet Overlord Oakley Beginner

I know it's not Oakley original but if memory serves didn't someone transfer the X-metal finish hammerstems from an X-Metal XX to a Juliet? I was thinking back then it was a cool way to customize a pair of Juliets.

8. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I was the one who said they might get phased out because i saw on Oakley.com that the polished now has a straight stem. I was only speculating, but now that the new Frogskins came out and it turned out the lettering on the stem is red instead of black, i don't know if i should believe what i see on the site anymore. I also noticed that if you customize a polished juliet, you get hammerstems.

I also have a friend who works at Oakley, and he says they still have the hammerstems on the polished/fire iridium polarized. He doesn't know anything about them changing it, but he's not really "in the know" either.

Anyway, i have a polished Juliet.

Only thing is mine is old. I bought mine sometime around 2004. I'm still going to see about picking up another one though. I'm not going to chance them discontinuing it or not.

Last edited by a moderator: 7/10/14
  9. Razerwire

"Don't trust everything you read on the internet! That's how World War I started!" LOL

10. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

LOL, yah i know. But we all know Oakley loves to change it up when everyone least expects it. So that's why i say get one while you still can. Don't wait around until you regret it.