1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Ok so its almost time for me to send my XX, which now has straight arms from the JulieX project, to Oakley for a tuneup. But Im unsure - i feel like I want the XX back with its hammers..just looks more complete that way. But that means i lose JulieX. Which i dont want.

What shall I do? anyone got spare X-metal hammerstems? haha..

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. v2kjokerz

v2kjokerz Oakley Enthusiast

I am looking for those too, if not a XX, just the hammerstems LOL. well good luck on your hunt!

3. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

im confused by this post whats the problem?

4. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

I'm with you, Yoshi, what exactly is your question? You don't want to take the hammerstems off your Juliet while the XX gets tuned up? I would send the XX in with the straight stems, maybe they will think there was a mistake and send you a pair back with hammerstems, then you'll have both!

5. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

HAHAHA!! Doo is a smart man! i like his thinking, Do it BriP Do It!

6. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

But what if they send him Juliet x metal orbitals back yikesssssss

7. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

pros and cons eh? ha!. having seen the JulieX in person, i would say, keep them that way. =)

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

haha my problem is the OCD in me wants hammers on my XX, but that means taking the JulieX apart. but yes Doo has a point.. i'll SPECIFY that they are Xmetal XX's and try my luck LOL.

9. FXD

FXD Oakley Beginner

Back in 2005 I bought a pair of TiO2 XX for the specific purpose of getting a pair of hammer stems to swap onto my X-Metal Juliet.

I did, it was fun, sold the straight arm XX to my friend. Wore Juliets with hammers.

A year or so later my friend swapped the XX for my Black Iridium Dartboards and eventually I swapped the hammers back onto the XX and think it is the right way to go.

As my collecting downsizes and plateaus I've become big on keeping Oakleys stock.

I feel the XX suits the hammer stems a lot more than straight, plus the serials match.

As long as you keep both pairs, the option is always there.

10. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

@BriP

Here's what I would do! Keep your JulieX! Sell the straight armed XX! Buy a new XX

You should still stand to make a decent enough amount on the straight armed XX that it won't cost you too much to get the new one!