• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Look Of The Mars

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
I get alot of complaints with my mars, the wife hates em on me and almost everyone says I look goofy with em on, ive heard mad scientist amongst other remarks....
do you guys ever get compliments on your mars, I love them to death and dont really care what people think . I guessing you gotta know the history to understand these frames as we all do.

Some can pull it off. Mine sit in my case. I don't care for them. As a xmetal fan I have to have one

You'll get that with anything that isn't the norm or isn't currently "in style". A lot of Oakley designs, especially older ones, were so far ahead of their time in styling and technology that even today people won't except how they look. It just comes with the territory. Look at iconic designs like the OTT, Romeo, and Eyeshades. All great functional designs but walk into a job interview with them on and you'll likely be judged as someone who doesn't take things seriously. Go to that same job in Juliets and you will be looked at differently.

Bottom line, if you like them, wear them. Other people can just look away hahaha.

I wear mine frequently. At first I used to get a few stares at work, but now that people have got used to them I get plenty of compliments.

With Phoenix on that - if you like them, wear them

Mars look sick! Screw what anybody says. (Except your wife, you'll do what she says if you know what's good for you)

I got more compliment wearing my mars than any xmetal i own...most of them want to acquire one, when i tell them the price they back off. Im wearing a Jordan mars so i cant blame them. Lol

I'd wear mine if my head wasn't so big. They look funny on me but enjoy looking at them in my case.

Back