• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The lost glasses...

Hey, another Pennsyltoonian! Welcome! ("Brotherly Love" my ass.....) ;)

I do indeed have input for you regarding your choice of Turbines for cycling use. (Imagine that, me with something to say):

Try them on first. Then try them on again. They are nice frames! The stems are thin, which is nice, and have the "grippy" on the inside as well (against your head), as far as cycling with them though... around the park with the Mrs or the kids on Sunday would be no problem at all, but a 5 or 6 hour hammerfest would have me tossing them to the side of the road in the first 10 miles. I can't ride with those stems or the bottom frame under the lenses, and the shape cuts my peripheral to the point of altering my lookback to see traffic or other riders.

That being said...please note this is my opinion and is based solely on my experience and preference with several years of cycling 5 days a week, racing in crits and time trials, and trying several frames before settling on my permanent go-to daily choice.
So go back to my first sentence of input and perform your own due diligence! You may love them more than original Pepsi longnecks! But to me they are for loungin', not for poundin'

:welcome:
Hahahahaha. You said....."hammerfest"

Hey, another Pennsyltoonian! Welcome! ("Brotherly Love" my ass.....) ;)

I do indeed have input for you regarding your choice of Turbines for cycling use. (Imagine that, me with something to say):

Try them on first. Then try them on again. They are nice frames! The stems are thin, which is nice, and have the "grippy" on the inside as well (against your head), as far as cycling with them though... around the park with the Mrs or the kids on Sunday would be no problem at all, but a 5 or 6 hour hammerfest would have me tossing them to the side of the road in the first 10 miles. I can't ride with those stems or the bottom frame under the lenses, and the shape cuts my peripheral to the point of altering my lookback to see traffic or other riders.

That being said...please note this is my opinion and is based solely on my experience and preference with several years of cycling 5 days a week, racing in crits and time trials, and trying several frames before settling on my permanent go-to daily choice.
So go back to my first sentence of input and perform your own due diligence! You may love them more than original Pepsi longnecks! But to me they are for loungin', not for poundin'

:welcome:
That's actually what I was afraid of and why I'm stuck on finding more conduct squared. I like the EVZero path. But the colors are hideous and aren't available for custom. I feel like they'd be the best bet for cycling in the time being.

That's actually what I was afraid of and why I'm stuck on finding more conduct squared. I like the EVZero path. But the colors are hideous and aren't available for custom. I feel like they'd be the best bet for cycling in the time being.

Look at the Radar frames. There are many variations...Radarlock, Radar EV, traditional Radar (my cycling frame of choice), Radar XL. There are also frames that have greatly expounded on the Radar base, such as the Jawbreaker, Flak, etc. If you can, get to a store and try some on. The way you're talking you sound like you'll end up "settling" for the EV Zero...and Oakley makes enough sport frames that you shouldn't have to settle for something you're not in love with.

;)

I'm not sure but if your wanting 1 lense I purchased a pair of Radarlocks at the Oakley Vault in Sevierville TN. In The Tanger Outlet mall. They have huge selection of Oakleys and can even customize them to your ideal specs. Only thing they can't do like if you customize them on Oakley.com is etch your name or whatever you want onto the lenses. I'm trying to post pictures of mine with both sets of lenses I have. They had many different lenses and style of lenses to choose from these are just my favorite colors.

20160801_111400.jpg

Back