• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Microbag Thread

@Oakley_sight

the elite bags (c-six and pit boss) are softer than the regular bags! just the bag from the tron pit boss is like the regular micro bags . . .

I have the first two but havent seen the last one yet...very nice.

Microbags have become more stylish and less functional. Those who own or at least have used the vintage greyish ones from the late 1990's into the early 2000's know what I am talking about. The bags have evolved (or rather de-evolved) over the years....I've even noticed differences in bags from 2007-2008 (Lux takeover) and now. Vintage bags were about double the thickness of the current ones and were somewhat like silk in feel. They wiped better, scratched less (because they picked up particles and oil better...same concept as a good microfiber towel on a car paint job vs. terry cotton or cheap microfiber) and didn't fall apart at the seams like the newer ones. So yeah, while the bags have become part of the sunglasses "package" more than in the past...at what cost? Oakley has this new cleaning spray out and the truth is, if they made the bags like they used to, you wouldn't need that because fogging the lenses with your breath and using the microclear would be enough...but now its not. Didn't mean to turn this into a rant but, as much as I like the "style" the bags have brought...I still prefer function over style and they lack the former considerably now.

This is a nice one:
Think its a Montoya bag
58441501.jpg

Microbags have become more stylish and less functional. Those who own or at least have used the vintage greyish ones from the late 1990's into the early 2000's know what I am talking about. The bags have evolved (or rather de-evolved) over the years....I've even noticed differences in bags from 2007-2008 (Lux takeover) and now. Vintage bags were about double the thickness of the current ones and were somewhat like silk in feel. They wiped better, scratched less (because they picked up particles and oil better...same concept as a good microfiber towel on a car paint job vs. terry cotton or cheap microfiber) and didn't fall apart at the seams like the newer ones. So yeah, while the bags have become part of the sunglasses "package" more than in the past...at what cost? Oakley has this new cleaning spray out and the truth is, if they made the bags like they used to, you wouldn't need that because fogging the lenses with your breath and using the microclear would be enough...but now its not. Didn't mean to turn this into a rant but, as much as I like the "style" the bags have brought...I still prefer function over style and they lack the former considerably now.

that's exactly why i keep the old bags and wash them whenever they get soiled... primarily for cleaning the lenses.

the new bags are purely for storing the glasses.... cleaning the lenses with the new bags are pretty much useless... they'll merely smear and leave swirls.. :sad:

I've got 2 S.I. glasses and the bags that come with them are absolutely useless! Trying to clean the lenses with the SI bag just makes it 10x worse. Are all the bags with artwork on them the same way?

I've got 2 S.I. glasses and the bags that come with them are absolutely useless! Trying to clean the lenses with the SI bag just makes it 10x worse. Are all the bags with artwork on them the same way?

i think alot of the new bags are like that. try using the inside of the bag. I personally use the old generation bags from the Romeo1 and Mars to clean.. they're much more supple and work better

Back