• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The New Guy

Phil 386

Oakley Beginner
Leivasy, WV
Hey all, pleased to find this place. Big fan of Oakley sunglasses here, have been for a while.

Admittedly, it took me a while to get into some quality shades, because I was one of those "why on earth would you spend so much on something you lose" types. I would go through 6-7 pairs of $10-$25 sunglasses a year, then added up everything I'd spend on shades one year, and decided "maybe if I get some that are high quality, I won't lose them" and it worked. Been wearing Oakley's ever since.

I live out in the boondocks of West Virginia, a transplant from Toledo OH. Been down here about a year and a half and loving every minute of it. Getting into Kayaking out on the local lakes, so I just picked up my first ever pair of polarized sunglasses, some Polished Black/00 Red Iridium Polarized Flak Jackets. They should arrive Friday and I'm looking forward to trying them out on the water.

Also into shooting firearms, collecting high end knives, smoking fine cigars, and wearing quality watches.

That's just a bit about me, looking forward to spending some time here.

-Phil S

Currently just a pair of Gold/Dark Grey Plaintiffs, though I've had 4-5 pairs of Oaks in the past. Going to re-build my collection this summer since it's the busy ($$) season at work.

Thanks for the warm welcome and words of encouragement guys! Going to be looking to order a few more pairs of Oaks this weekend, just need to decide what model and colors to get!

No Oakley watches, I've owned a highly modified custom Seiko Scuba, a Lum-Tec M41, a Seiko 007, Seiko Kinetic Diver (SKA prefix), and a few cheapies from back in the day.

Thanks for the Welcome's, all. I'm really starting to like this place!

Back