• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Next HDO 3D Gascan...

I don't know if it's about how much money a film will bring in, even though it makes financial sense. I have yet to use my Tron 3D Gascans for any movie and have yet to see anyone in a theater use any Oakley 3DO frames.

I think the reason Oakley decided to make the Tron and Transformers edition 3D Gascans is because there's a cult following for each of the franchises. Avatar was a great movie as far as special effects go, but the story was done before (Pocahontas meets Dances with Wolves). I highly doubt Avatar (as a franchise) will become anything close to what Tron and Transformers is currently.

Harry Potter would be hilarious, but i doubt teenagers would blow that kind of money on high end 3D glasses.

I think it'd be really cool if they did a general "Marvel" themed frame instead of a specific movie like, the Avengers or Spider-man. Aside from Cyclops wearing Juliets and the custom visors, the Blade movies made use of Oakley frames as well and is also a Marvel story.

i hope, if they do another pair 3D glasses, that they don´t made a Gascan again!
and they should make a comic-style!!!

Dark Knight

I read that Dark Knight won't be in 3D, the director Christopher Nolan isn't a fan, he much prefers IMAX, so there will be more IMAX specific shots in the movie but no 3D, and therefore no possible Oakley Dark Knight 3D glasses.

Back