• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Next HDO 3D Gascan...

Supposedly the rise of the dark knight will not be filmed in 3D. I don't have a link to the article but I believe I read this some where.

No supposed about it, it is definitely not in 3D, for a couple of reasons. Christopher Nolan (the Director) isn't a fan of 3D as he thinks the images are duller. He prefers super high resolution IMAX. Also, neither Batman Begins or The Dark Knight were in 3D and Christopher Nolan wanted to keep the visual style of all three films similar as they are part of a trilogy, so he deliberately chose not to shoot in 3D to avoid The Dark Knight Rises being visually different from the previous two films.

I have yet to see a 3D film that wowed me because it was in 3D. Granted, I've never seen Avatar or Hugo and they supposedly are brilliant 3D movies but I've seen plenty of other 3D films and it was more like the 3D was a gimmick that didn't actually add to the overall experience, so I'm not fussed that The Dark Knight Rises won't be in 3D.

Speaking of 3D, I've just remembered Star Wars is being re-released (again) in 3D in the new year. Maybe there will be a Star Wars 3D frame!!!

I have seen a number of people wanting Dark Knight 3D glasses. That is correct Christopher Nolan Hates 3D and will not shoot movies in that format. He loves IMAX and has amazing vision to shoot films in this style. Look for that movie to be Amazing!!
Anyway what about "BATTLESHIP" not sure if it is in 3D or not. Looks very cool. Transformers in the water!!!

Anyway what about "BATTLESHIP" not sure if it is in 3D or not. Looks very cool. Transformers in the water!!!

Not interested in this at all. A movie based on a board game? That from the look of the trailer has nothing to do with the board game as there are no aliens in the board game, so why use the board game as a selling point? I'll pass thanks.

Not sure why they decided to make another Ghost Rider. The first movie was a flop from what I remembered. I'm guessing it'll be Spiderman or something.

Edit: Just had a thought. Expendables in 3D hahahaha

Back