• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Next "keeper" Styles?

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Of course with Oakley, styles come and styles go but what do you guys think makes a certain frame style that "keeper/collector" pair? Obviously some are more worth collecting than others but what do you consider when making a style the official shelf addition or thinking that you need to get more variations of that frame style?

I always find this interesting because there seems to be a list of "must haves" that are no longer available, some are great and some aren't (in my opinion). Is it just because the style is discontinued or did something about that model in particular intrigue Oakley owners?

And what do you guys think will be the next "must have" styles for collecting or adding to your stash?

fuel cells and batwolfs. fuel cells have gotten the artist series/limited edition treatment so i can def. see it hanging around. with batwolfs the ear stems are so big there is so much you can put on there, plus they sell well.

something i see disappearing is the hijinx, hopefully im wrong and they get an version 2

Right now I don't see anything that personally appeals as keepers outside of the Pit Boss and the X Metals (Juliet and X Squared). For me its the uniqueness and aggressiveness and complexity of the design that gets it a permanent spot in my collection; this is why I have a ton of X Metals, some Plates, Splice etc. I like the Fuel Cell and Batwolf....but I wouldn't cry if they went bye bye nor would I search the world over for them like I did my XX 24k

The original Straight Jacket seems to be sought after now, from the looks of it the polished silver with fire polarized seems to be the most popular colorway. Thats mostly the reason I got the Pit Bull frame in gunmetal fmj with fire because it looks alot like the other glasses for the most part.

I’m waiting to see if that piston hinge holds up. Looks cool and all but do you think we have another badman hinge?

Hopefully LUX recognized the mistake and isnt repeating it. Haven't heard any issues yet but time will tell

Back