1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Of course with Oakley, styles come and styles go but what do you guys think makes a certain frame style that "keeper/collector" pair? Obviously some are more worth collecting than others but what do you consider when making a style the official shelf addition or thinking that you need to get more variations of that frame style?

I always find this interesting because there seems to be a list of "must haves" that are no longer available, some are great and some aren't (in my opinion). Is it just because the style is discontinued or did something about that model in particular intrigue Oakley owners?

And what do you guys think will be the next "must have" styles for collecting or adding to your stash?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

fuel cells and batwolfs. fuel cells have gotten the artist series/limited edition treatment so i can def. see it hanging around. with batwolfs the ear stems are so big there is so much you can put on there, plus they sell well.

something i see disappearing is the hijinx, hopefully im wrong and they get an version 2

3. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Right now I don't see anything that personally appeals as keepers outside of the Pit Boss and the X Metals (Juliet and X Squared). For me its the uniqueness and aggressiveness and complexity of the design that gets it a permanent spot in my collection; this is why I have a ton of X Metals, some Plates, Splice etc. I like the Fuel Cell and Batwolf....but I wouldn't cry if they went bye bye nor would I search the world over for them like I did my XX 24k

4. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

Holbrooks.

They will follow the Frogskins lead.

5. ExMetal

ExMetal Oakley Beginner

The original Straight Jacket seems to be sought after now, from the looks of it the polished silver with fire polarized seems to be the most popular colorway. Thats mostly the reason I got the Pit Bull frame in gunmetal fmj with fire because it looks alot like the other glasses for the most part.