• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

THE OFFICIAL "OAKLEY AT RED STUDIOS DAY" PIC THREAD

I know he got my two sets of grips, The Oakley Grip (Grip 1) and the Oakley Three grips. I believe some F1 grips from Dr. Chop (if I remember what I read correctly).
He got my Yellow/Blue F1's and my friends Yellow/Black F1's also...He did well on the grip front I think. The nicest I honestly believe was Garth selling him the original Goggle not designed by him/Oakley that had the sticker affixed from the company he worked for prior to starting Oakley as a distribution company first, then a manufacturing company. Yah, bet most had no clue about that. I didn't lol.

Awe man I missed it all.

pe4amygu.jpg

One of the cooler things I saw there. From del
Those are SLA renderings from the CAD designs of the 2 styles (pro M Frame and Racing Jacket). I have some SLA pieces too somewhere. I will have to dig em out

That racing jacket is injection molded no? Hence the sprue?

If it was printed there wouldn't need to be a sprue
no, I don't believe so, but I could also be wrong. I know the SLA stuff also has pieces like that sometimes, but again, I don't recall specifically on that one piece. I can tell you though next time I head to his house, maybe later this week lol....:dance2:

That racing jacket is injection molded no? Hence the sprue?

If it was printed there wouldn't need to be a sprue

i think you're right. i have an eye jacket and a straight jacket ones and was told it is just part of the regular manufacturing process before they do the hydroprinting. it is not a sla prototype or anything though i wish they were.

I believe that numerous people have posted their trades and purchases since the RED event so I am locking the thread, if anyone has the need to post up a pic of something from the event, PM me and we will get your pic in.............In closing, I sent an email to Tash on behalf of the forum, thanking her for the hard work in following up on emails, getting things for us completed, and making sure our needs were met that day of the event. Those of us that were there had a great time meeting members and trading gear. Who knows if this event will ever take place there again, or even if we do something on our own somewhere. I will say that a few of us have spoken about doing road trips, not only visiting vaults and O-Stores but meeting in different states and having a few beers!

The thread will remain a sticky for new and old members to enjoy!!!

Back