• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Official Shipping Etiquette Thread

I have a package right now lost in abu dhabi that shows nothing with the customs form and says it cannot be tracked in that country....only to canada. Very frustrating.

i am surprised no one suggested shipping sunnies in a tupper-ware like container. i seldom sell, but when i do, i ship them in appropriate sized tough plastic containers.... so far i have had positive feedback on the packaging. romeos, pennys, juliets, pitboss, etc. have been shipped by me with either bubble wrap added or some foam...the package stays nice and compact and virtually crush proof...those sandwich containers can also fit some o matters and small to medium frames....

i am surprised no one suggested shipping sunnies in a tupper-ware like container. i seldom sell, but when i do, i ship them in appropriate sized tough plastic containers.... so far i have had positive feedback on the packaging. romeos, pennys, juliets, pitboss, etc. have been shipped by me with either bubble wrap added or some foam...the package stays nice and compact and virtually crush proof...those sandwich containers can also fit some o matters and small to medium frames....
Tupper-ware do cost alot.if the hard box is of good quality with strong edges so as not to bend and u insert also the bubble wrap **** inside is 100% safe for me.Your idea is great but do cost.if it is a no name plastic container ok but this brand is expensive at least in my country

Tupper-ware do cost alot.if the hard box is of good quality with strong edges so as not to bend and u insert also the bubble wrap **** inside is 100% safe for me.Your idea is great but do cost.if it is a no name plastic container ok but this brand is expensive at least in my country
which is why i said tupper ware-LIKE....these plastic containers offers a lot more protection than boxes, which we have all heard horror stories of some getting crushed in transit....there are numerous other no name brands that i am sure you can get in bulk...heck, even the sandwich containers that are thinner, can also offer good protection....

wow, i did not know the boxes were that cheap...i guess i now know why you guys use the boxes, lol.

really? 200 lbs? then why do some people complain of items getting crushed in transit if the sturdy boxes are already that cheap?

which is why i said tupper ware-LIKE....these plastic containers offers a lot more protection than boxes, which we have all heard horror stories of some getting crushed in transit....there are numerous other no name brands that i am sure you can get in bulk...heck, even the sandwich containers that are thinner, can also offer good protection....
I did not see the -like add.;)

wow, i did not know the boxes were that cheap...i guess i now know why you guys use the boxes, lol.

really? 200 lbs? then why do some people complain of items getting crushed in transit if the sturdy boxes are already that cheap?
A new box will withstand 200lbs when properly folded with meeting flaps. Use it once, give it bulges from overstuffing, impact along a face where it's weaker, drop it on the corner, lots of ways to compromise a box.

Most people won't use new boxes and they'll reuse old boxes that already have damage. Not apparent damage, but as soon as the corrugation is flattened you've lost a lot of the rigidity of the box.

Or they'll use those ABSOLUTE GARBAGE USPS flat rate boxes. Which are wide and flat, so they have disproportionate strength on different walls, and they're a thin corrugation. Drop a heavy corner of another box on the long face and they're toast. Then people even reuse those.

Back