• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"The One That Got Away" Thread

For me it was not buying the entire Sub Zero line when they came out and saying "I'll get them later." after the first two pair. The second was not biting the built on the price and getting the Medusa/goggle set when it was first available.

I won a pair of new Julian Wilson Holbrooks without box for $35 and the seller's "dog got a hold of them." Sad day in my life.
I also bought 3 pairs of SW polarized Holbrooks for $41, $37, and $33. Each had $30 shipping, but in his listings it said he would combine shipping so I was all over that. The listings were removed from eBay for being fraudulent.

I didn't know about metals until a year ago, they all got away, at retail anyway. Same goes for most of my grails. Within the last year of collecting I cheaped out on two pairs of xmxx plasma ice. One on here and one on eBay.

The King's Camo Flak's I mentioned earlier in the thread ended up being a no-go. No communication from seller, filed case, and got a full refund yesterday. Sigh...

Unfortunately this one got away from all of us: Oakley Fuel Cell | eBay

Emerald Science Fuel Cell that got snagged by the dude's dog.

(Don't worry, I already asked him if he still has the bag, box, etc. but he doesn't)

I was watching a pair of magnesium m frames and emailed the seller asking if he would have a buy it now price. Unfortunately he did not and they went higher than I could afford.

Not buying up the whole case when I was in Marine Corps.
Around 01 I was in Bahrain at the naval base and the store sold Oakley's. I purchased my 24k XX for $205 .. Juliet's, Penny's , Romeos all there.
I turned a bunch of guys in my unit onto the X's. Contacted my friends recently who had the penny's and Romeo. Penny's are gone somewhere and Romeos broken in half in fight with ex wife. One guy I served with has two Juliet's but they aren't any exciting combo or excellent condition.

A particular online sports website (m&m sports) used to sell last seasons Oakley clothing and gear for pretty cheap prices. I have bought many things off them throughout the years and had used it all until it was worn out as I was a fan but not a collector at the time.

Anyway I saw that they had some Oakley boots on there which were Kevlar and looked pretty cool and they were only £10!! I thought I would buy some and when they came I loved them. I wore them all the time and pretty much wore them out.

Fast forward to me joining the forum and realising that the boots were the shoe ones and are pretty rare and collectable now, let alone worth a fair bit so I was seriously kicking myself for not buying a few pairs for £10 at the time!!

Not buying up the whole case when I was in Marine Corps.
Around 01 I was in Bahrain at the naval base and the store sold Oakley's. I purchased my 24k XX for $205 .. Juliet's, Penny's , Romeos all there.
I turned a bunch of guys in my unit onto the X's. Contacted my friends recently who had the penny's and Romeo. Penny's are gone somewhere and Romeos broken in half in fight with ex wife. One guy I served with has two Juliet's but they aren't any exciting combo or excellent condition.

Semper Fi.

Latest Posts

Back