• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"The One That Got Away" Thread

My first pair of juliets was a garage sale find and were complete x serialed 1st gen frames. They were in terrible condition so I sold them on ebay not knowing how valuable they were and not knowing you could tune them up. Sold them for $100 buy it now.:headbang:

Passed up the opportunity to buy a Medusa with Goggles when I started working at an Oakley Store about 8 years ago. Would have cost me about £200 for the lot. There is an endless list of limited items that have slipped through my fingers in the past but regret the Medusa get away

Had two really good deals on eBay today that I got distracted/busy during the final minutes of the auction and missed out on a couple pieces I really, really like.

First, an SI Hijinx with the camo icons in like new condition. Mislabeled a bit and went for just $31 plus shipping. Really, really love that color combo and almost bought it new but have held off so far.

Second, a GP75 Racing Jacket. Another one very high on my most wanted list. New condition complete went for $56 plus shipping.

Considering the great price on them, two of my biggest misses :(

a pair of plasma/fire r1's came up on ebay starting off at £49.99 with no reserve. they were described as 'oakleys with titanium chassis'!! i messaged the seller to see if he had a buy it now. he wanted £75 to include postage. needless to say i paid asap via paypal!! i woke up the following morning to check my emails and had one with a refund from paypal...someone had offered him £150 before he ended the listing.

There was a listing for the 10th mountain division pin a couple days ago on ebay. It went way too high for me to bid on it but I wish I could have won it :(

C6-twice!
1st time, e-bay,
put in a max bid of 1600 5mins b4 closing with 1.5 mins to go, a customer came up to my window and made a $2 dollar bet. Looked back at my fone after custy left, winning bid was 1625!
2nd time, forum
tried to get to the bank to see if my account was money market or savings account after i was at the hospital while mom was going thru chemo. Didnt get to the bank in time, turned out the account was premier checking! I dont think ill ever get my hands on a C6.

Back