• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"The One That Got Away" Thread

I stood in Oakley HQ staring at a single display of c six aluminum and talked myself out of buying them. I'm still haunted by it.

C6-twice!
1st time, e-bay,
put in a max bid of 1600 5mins b4 closing with 1.5 mins to go, a customer came up to my window and made a $2 dollar bet. Looked back at my fone after custy left, winning bid was 1625!
2nd time, forum
tried to get to the bank to see if my account was money market or savings account after i was at the hospital while mom was going thru chemo. Didnt get to the bank in time, turned out the account was premier checking! I dont think ill ever get my hands on a C6.

Patience bro... I was in the same boat and landed mine for under $1k and this was about 6 months ago. They gave me headaches and intraded them for some x-metals.

Patience bro... I was in the same boat and landed mine for under $1k and this was about 6 months ago. They gave me headaches and intraded them for some x-metals.
Ya. I have to stand down 4 now and let my wallet heal. Besides, i got a rust decay FC, a XS and a R1 with the $ i was going to spend on the C6.

Last edited:
There was a listing for the 10th mountain division pin a couple days ago on ebay. It went way too high for me to bid on it but I wish I could have won it :(
Saw that! I think there's another one up for less. Probably looking for the same outcome. It's cheaper and better to just find the whole set up. Gascan/bag/box/pin-back.

I saw on the bay about a year ago what looked to be a pair of Purple Eyejackets belonging to the Cobalt, Fuel, Gold X family and figured they were fake. Well now i have found out that they did have a very limited version in purple called Grapevine. I've been kicking myself ever since.

View attachment 112396 View attachment 112397
Damn, that would have been such a nice catch! I missed out on a pair of 10W40 EJ's only recently on the Bay: umm and ahhed and then they were gone. I've only ever seen one pair and they were it!!!!!!!!!! Aggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

A new regret is letting a staple frogskin move through my hands as middle man! They are killer!

Since you helped out so many members with the WITK Hijinx find, hopefully someone will be able to help you out with the new Staple. I know I will be on the lookout for an extra one for you.

Since you helped out so many members with the WITK Hijinx find, hopefully someone will be able to help you out with the new Staple. I know I will be on the lookout for an extra one for you.

Wow!

Thank you for the kind words, with regard to the WITK, I just did what I thought was right, of course I'm stoked so many people got lucky!

Been looking for this thread. Yesterday, $50 Juliet or best offer. I was going to offer him $10 for it but I missed it. His loss not mine lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421117141.086372.jpg

Back