1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Found a pair of Oakley Juliets plasma/ice locally for $50.00. I messaged the guy 19 minutes after his original post. Waited for a response for about an hour and a half. Decided to go have dinner with my wife, then he messages and say, Ok lets meet. I message back saying just sat down to eat, but will go by immediately afterward. No response from the guy. I even gave him my number to call me. 20 mins later I message the guy that I'm done eating where should we meet. He then messages, sorry, I sold them already. I was kinda pissed, well, actually, I'm still pissed. :mad:

If I was first in line, and never received a reply stating he was not willing to wait for me to eat or whatever, I feel kinda cheated. Sorry for the rant, just had to get this off of my chest. I know that I can't be the only one that this has happened to, so please feel free to share your stories here.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Don't know which marketplace but I assume CL. Using CL is like getting kicked in the balls repeatedly. Deals get done but it's really painful, again and again.

I've heard similar stories and worse; The Wife once worked a deal, drove out to the meet, and found it'd been sold to someone else while she was in transit. No prior communication that there was another pending buyer, much less that it'd been sold. She had to get all the way there to find out.

For me, it was the other side - I sold something on CL, a desirable item at a fair CL price. Buyers are just as flakey. They ask a bunch of questions (often already answered in the listing), give BS offers (sometimes with some insults thrown in), agree to deals and/or meetups then that's the last you hear from them. I listed on Monday, dealt with on average 4 new prospects per day, agreed to half a dozen deals. Ended up selling on Sunday to someone who first contacted me Saturday. My takeaway? List on Friday night...

There's many good, ethical, responsible, and reputable people out there. And for every one of them, there's a buttload of shi tfu cks. The bigger takeaway? CL has a higher percentage...

3. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

Man you should see the deal I just got on a pair of Juliets!!!!!

Ok that was kind of mean. Sorry :(

VolcanOG, cyclerdoug, QLR1 and 5 others like this.
  4. #1 Stunna!

#1 Stunna! Oakley Expert Premium Member

I think everybody on here saw the deal you got on a pair of juliets ;)

And yes I understood the joke he was making...
    Just a disclaimer before somebody tries to clarify it for me

cyclerdoug, supersharp and Dieseltech like this.
  5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Free don't count. Literally. ;)

QLR1 and Dieseltech like this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That does suck. But like Kronin said there are butt loads of *******s out there. Sorry. :(

supersharp likes this.
  7. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

I asked who bought it, and surprisingly he gave me the buyers name. ;) It wasn't anyone from the forum that I know.

Not CL, but like you said, I think it's just as bad. Oh well, my wife says things happen for a reason, and I wasn't meant to get that pair. I get it, but I'm still upset. I've been on a buying freeze, and wished I could have caught a break. Next time, I guess.

Dieseltech likes this.
  8. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

Sorry man! It sucks the guy should have sold it to you since you contacted him first. Hope my little joke about buying it wasn't in bad taste. :rolleyes:

supersharp likes this.
  9. #1 Stunna!

#1 Stunna! Oakley Expert Premium Member

I thought it was hilarious, lol
    Sucks he got screwed though

Dieseltech likes this.
  10. Chris Heinrich

Chris Heinrich Oakley Beginner Premium Member

That really does suck!

Had a similar situation earlier today, found a great deal on a pair of Romeo 1's on eBay. Bought and paid for them, then got a refund and a note saying they had been listed for the wrong price but I could still buy them if I wanted for an extra $200. Kind of shitty but oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be...

VolcanOG likes this.