• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The one X-metal you wouldn't sell !

My titanium/vr28 Penny. The only ones I have, bought new although I think its time to send them to the XMAN for a tuneup and probably a color change to mat black or carbon along with some new lenses, they're pretty scratched up. But I'll never sell them!

I don't have any special pairs of x metals, I would be hesitant on selling any of them but it could be done. I would be the most hesitant on selling my Ti/gold R1. It is the most expensive x metal I bought and I have OEM tungsten lenses cut for it. I wouldn't want to try to get it back.

xmetal/ruby XS with red OEM rubbers.

i only have 3 pairs of metals, but even if i get more i don't see my choice changing any time soon.

just noticed that majority of the pieces for keeps are x metals...
wise choice, considering they are discontinued and with prices getting to the "insane" mark....

Plasma XX bought ,14years back,travelled around the world numerous times ,tuned 4 times,many new lenses,been dropped in rivers ,lakes,toilets ,sat on ect ect,a few scratches on the frame but other wise unscathed.Never for sale - ever.

My R1s. I remember buying them in store. I was rather poor at the time so the purchase was a serious one for me.
I knew they would last a long time, but honestly not this long. They are the oldest thing I own and still use.
If it came down to it, I MIGHT part with them if my wife's life depended on it.

Back