• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The one X-metal you wouldn't sell !

I've got a small collection. 3 XXs and 1 Juilet. And I can never see me selling them. They are unique and nothing will ever come close to them. I get them out and just look at them in awe sometimes

My gen2 plasma Juliets. Same as a previous comment in this thread, this pair has been around the world w/me in the past 14 years. Been all over Asia, backpacked thru Europe, seen the deserts and gone on safaris in Africa, hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu... even to Australia/NZ! I only have 1 continent left to visit, so I know what sunglasses I'm bringing with me when I goto Antarctica!!!

It's kinda weird. I have 5 metals, 3 matching carbons with blk poly lenses (squared, Romeo 2 and Juliet) a penny and a random grayish Juliet... As much as I love all of them, that random Juliet is my favorite. I can't explaine it, it doesn't make sense, but for some reason I am absolutely in love with it. Came with blk lenses but changed to ruby shortly after... Like I said, can't explain it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 271
It's kinda weird. I have 5 metals, 3 matching carbons with blk poly lenses (squared, Romeo 2 and Juliet) a penny and a random grayish Juliet... As much as I love all of them, that random Juliet is my favorite. I can't explaine it, it doesn't make sense, but for some reason I am absolutely in love with it. Came with blk lenses but changed to ruby shortly after... Like I said, can't explain it...

Yes, like in that other thread, your "grayish" Juliets are the original x-metal finish. And yes, many seem to fall in love with that particular finish...

Yep, x-metal is a great finish. I can't help but feel it's a bit under-represented in my collection in fact (out of 24 Juliets, I have 2 x-metal and 1 TiO2, which has x-metal stems and nosebridge), maybe I should rectify that... Number 25 is on its way (hopefully) but isn't an x-metal finish.

X-metal/ruby is an absolute classic for a good reason too, great combo.

Latest Posts

Back