• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Origin Of Frogskins...

wait.. aren't we Oakley fans here. even if it's the truth I'm gonna stick with Oakley is the better buy and we'll the best choice. rip off or not.
I think today, Oakley is the obvious better buy...

But the Frog was a complete rip from the Wayferer lol

Nobody will ever convince me, ever, that Jim or anyone on his staff came up with the design in their heads or spent hundreds of ours on a sketch board coming up with the design...

It's a Wayferer clone...

It's ok, cuz I've bought more than a handful now..

the 2 wayfarers I have here definitely look similar but frogs are quite a bit different. I'll post up some photos tonight for comparison. I totally agree and believe you BUT frogs are cooler and we'll the colors they offer just kill any rays that ban.

Well when oakley came out with frogs were raybans cheaper sunglasses back then? Wasn't till Lux bought the brand shelved it for a bit came back with new higher prices ..
I watched a video just recently on Facebook that was very interesting on how lux took over the market. I'll look to see if I can find it.

Well, Jim and company had to change it slightly so they wouldn't get sued by RB lol...

They took the design, stretched it a bit here, curved it a bit there and BAM, say hi to the Frog that took maybe 24 seconds to Clone and develop hahaha !!!

For all intents and purposes, it's the same damn thing lol

Only thing that clearly separates the two are the bazillions of colorways and special releases from the Frog...

And THATS why it's so successful :)

definitely some strikingly similar characteristics indeed
20161022_063507.jpg

20161022_063528.jpg

20161022_063507.jpg

Back