• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Pit Boss Conundrum...CORRECT POLL And THREAD

You can have one pair on a desert island....you select

• Romeo

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Juliet

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • XX

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • X Squared

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Splice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plate

• Mag Switch

• Pit Boss

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (specify in post)

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
The X-Squared sits a lot flatter on the face, especially at the corner where the bolt/gaskets are. They look awkward, and they open up peripheral coverage (at least on me).

Herbs, I'll remind you M-Frames are indeed used for cycling, cricket.... and combat personnel deployed in some of the harshest desert conditions :tongue:

The X-Squared sits a lot flatter on the face, especially at the corner where the bolt/gaskets are. They look awkward, and they open up peripheral coverage (at least on me).

Herbs, I'll remind you M-Frames are indeed used for cycling, cricket.... and combat personnel deployed in some of the harshest desert conditions :tongue:

this is true...but dependent on how worn this doesn't happen. On my face, I wear all my glasses HIGH on my nose and usually with the smallest nosepieces and the XS sits just above my cheeks, covers eyebrows and wraps for near full coverage.

Out of curiosity, would the answers change if, rather than a deserted island, you were encountering a sort of Apocalypse situation, a la Book of Eli?

As for durability, I have a pair of Monster Dogs that have been through a ton - mostly during mission trips. They held up just fine until I lost one of the earstems while surfing. So, since I have essentially a useless pair - look away Oakley_Sight - I wanted to see how much it could withstand. I threw them, stomped on them, and even hit them with a machete. Other than scratches, they are 100% functional (save the missing earstem).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............NO.................
ahhhha.jpg
..............please stop the pain.............LOL

Alright I think the pit boss Is a little to heavy to wear all the time on a uncharted island so I choose other. If I was to do physical activity it would be a pair of frogskins in my opinion. It's my favorite frame very light weight and it has good coverage for my face. But since I will be on island I believe I would try a way to get off so it would have to be between a pair of M-frames or radars. Either would get the job done but the M- Frames might do it better in this case since they are a little closer to your face and hug a little better so they won't fall off at all.

Oh man! We were so close to getting our first comedy 'Frogskins being the best desert island sunglass' post there.

Excellent fake move there Menendez.

You must play a lotta sports.
Or poker.

:laugh:

It's funny to see how a lot of the addicts here (including me) would immediately still think about trying to look good, while justifying their choices. I initially thought I would want a x-metal frame for bomb-proof durability. But my thoughts soon turned back to the title of the thread..."one pair on a desert island...". I quickly realized that reality prevails in a situation that survival is my one and only priority. The tools I'll need would have to be based on their ability to help me survive on a desert island.

I chose "other"...thinking of something along the lines of M-Frames, Radars or Racing/Water Jackets. Lightweight, durable, and performance based pieces would suit me best in a survival situation. Everything else would be out the door as I would need to survive in order to ever see my other frames again :rolleyes:. Just my take on this...

Back