• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The plague

uuatchdogg

Oakley Beginner
What do you think could have caused this? any idea where I can get new lenses?

2hyw1eu.jpg

I would call that an eBay listing that sounds like this:

"Got these as a gift, but they don't fit me. Great condition. Lens has some scuffs, but doesn't affect vision. These are ultra rare"

I would call that an eBay listing that sounds like this:

"Got these as a gift, but they don't fit me. Great condition. Lens has some scuffs, but doesn't affect vision. These are ultra rare"
Its the only lens like this in the whole world- frosted!!!

It was a joke.

But seriously, that is caused by oils getting under the coating.

What frame is it? Your post was so vague. How can anybody suggest where to get lenses without knowing the frame?

Looks like the Iridium coating has peeled. The lenses came into contact with a contaminant. New lenses can be found direct from Oakley, depending on the model or Ebay.

I have seen this before... What scenario enables oil to get under the films? Is it just oil from your skin? Or would this be caused by using in conjunction with to much sunscreen? Thank God I haven't had this issue but might be nice to have some clue as to the cause so others can possibly avoid this level of damage.

This caused by oil, sweat or any hair gel product or perfume.......most people put the sunnies on top of their head that cause a sweat buildup on the lens, this happens to me before and there is nothing you can do about it, just replace them while lens are still available.....if they are? We have no idea what model of glasses you are asking so we cant tell if lens are still available to the market. Anyway good luck and i hope you can still find a replacement for them.

Back